2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be understated just how difficult this job was when he took it on, the club was in complete meltdown.

For a relatively novice manager, a mistake like starting with 5 at the back and Gomes in midfield is just part of the learning curve, but the margins were so fine and the stakes so high that one small fault could have well seen us go down. He deserves so much credit for having the resilience and composure to correct it at half time. Putting Alli on was still a huge gamble, Lampard didn't have too many obvious subs he could make so he showed incredible bottle there. Lesser managers would have folded like a cheap suit.

Now it's important that in the summer that we back him as well as we possibly can. We all know that we have to sell players, possibly some of the heroes of our run in like Richarlison and DCL to fund a rebuild which is so desperately needed. I for one am really keen to see a team built by Lampard and playing the way he wants to. He and Thelwell need to be given complete control now.

Yeah he made the right call subbing Dele or Gomes and moving Iwobi centrally but let’s be honest I don’t even have to check the game thread to know that we had 200 people screaming how bad that setup was at kickoff

Love him but with tactics sometimes its like Churchill said about us, he will do the right thing, after he has exhausted the alternatives

….notice last night lots of briefings with his generals during the game (not including Duncan Ferguson by the way) which I Like to see.

One point in deep conversation in the heat of battle, I could see Paul Clement repeatedly calling him ‘boss’. Sign of respect from a man with a record at top clubs, but also a sign of who’s in charge.

….notice last night lots of briefings with his generals during the game (not including Duncan Ferguson by the way) which I Like to see.

One point in deep conversation in the heat of battle, I could see Paul Clement repeatedly calling him ‘boss’. Sign of respect from a man with a record at top clubs, but also a sign of who’s in charge.

It's very hard to implement anything on the training ground when there is so much pressure, and also a lot of midweek games. Lampard and the staff need the preseason to really try and change things and improve the players they are working with. It's a good summer for there to be no tournaments. The players will probably be back in about 5 weeks because the league starts again a week earlier than normal.

He gave us our club back.
100%

The club was on its knees and sinking. Squad was at rock bottom, confidence absolutely shredded. Fanbase in tatters, protests, arguing, staying away from games, complete disconnect from the club, and each other, kopites in the dugout, it was as bad as I've known in 50 years and getting worse as each week passed.

Frank Lampard has changed all that. What you saw this last month would NEVER have happened under Pigman, fanbase was too split, too far gone to make it happen.

If he achieves nothing else I'll always thank him for that. For giving me MY Everton back.

100%

The club was on its knees and sinking. Squad was at rock bottom, confidence absolutely shredded. Fanbase in tatters, protests, arguing, staying away from games, complete disconnect from the club, and each other, kopites in the dugout, it was as bad as I've known in 50 years and getting worse as each week passed.

Frank Lampard has changed all that. What you saw this last month would NEVER have happened under Pigman, fanbase was too split, too far gone to make it happen.

If he achieves nothing else I'll always thank him for that. For giving me MY Everton back.

Let’s not forget the part the fans played in getting Lampard in by the way. Our owner was about to confirm the appointment of Vitor Pereira before the fans stepped in. We must stay united going forward against the people at the top of this club, without us the club would be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.