2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we survive this season I honestly believe this could be a reinvention of Everton. It has brought the fans closer to the players and the atmosphere has increased 10 fold. Lampard has probably learned more is these couple of months than in his fledging managerial career thus far. This could be the massive kick up the backside we have needed

What we did vs man u and today should be blueprint to our away games too. It took a while to sink in i guess, but this is where we are now. And our players start to play the same system for a few weeks now. Thats also good. And still it aint agricultural allardyce football. Its clever, good high press and wait for the mistakes they make. Also, our defense start to believe in themselves. Mason Holgate, world class CB. WHo wouldv thought.
Nailed it, defo not Allardyce Ball

Just something that I wanted to highlight so far as well because when he came in everyone said his weakest ability was to organise a team/get clean sheets.

That was our 4th clean sheet today, 3rd 1-0 win out of 4 home league games as well.

The players have got to replicate that tactical discipline away from home in the next 2 games to give themselves a real chance of avoiding the drop.

Dave mate, Jonjoe Kenny and Ben Godfrey single-handedly through that Burnley game with their respective errors, and let's not forget Richarlison's miss too at 2-1.

Frank's tactics have been largely bob on in recent weeks. His subs less so but they're getting better now too. No surprise that better players being fit again means that there's less mistakes being made.
Yes, but away from home we need to make sure any advanatage we get is protected. We haven't done that at West Ham and Burnley. And the games against Newcastle and Spurs away will stay in my mind too.

He needs to have learned lessons from those aways for the lastr 3 away from home. If he has and the team do theior stuff we could grab an away win.

If we survive this season I honestly believe this could be a reinvention of Everton. It has brought the fans closer to the players and the atmosphere has increased 10 fold. Lampard has probably learned more is these couple of months than in his fledging managerial career thus far. This could be the massive kick up the backside we have needed
Lots of work to be done yet.. But we can’t accept anything less for last 5 games, fans and players

I agree. I was massively supportive of his appointment but then had a bit of a wobble when we were getting our pants pulled down by Newcastle. Frank has shown that he is willing to engage in the dark arts to get the results and I'm absolutely all for it.

If this season has taught us anything it is that outside of the club we are seen as the "Millwall of the North". Totally undeserved because we are nothing like them but for some reason it really seems that everyone hates us.

I love seeing opposition fans seething about Gordon or Richarlison, it means they're ruffling feathers. For too long we've been a soft touch, nice boys club. It's time to throw all that in the bin and relish being the pantomime villain that we seem to get painted as.
We where robbed at Newcastle Shelvey should of been sent off

Good post ?

I’m not saying at all that Benitez did better. In fact I repeatedly said he should never have been appointed. I’m saying that, on paper, he is quite obviously a far superior manager. Lampard has zero credentials to warrant getting a top job, and has been largely uninspiring everywhere he’s been.

I would LOVE him to succeed, for obvious reasons, but I just can’t see how he’ll ever be a successful manager. His demeanour pre and post game is dreadful, his tactics are largely non existent, and he’s quite clearly in over his head. He’s just so uninspiring to me.

I’ll stop mentioning Benitez now because it clearly triggers a few of you, but I’ll ask you this… if/when Frank gets us relegated, would you trust him at all to bring us back up? The Championship, as fun as it could be if we win a lot, requires stamina, passion and actual tactics. I just can’t see us getting that from him. I hope I’m wrong… I just don’t think he’s a manager.
I’d say getting into the playoffs in your first ever job is not too bad, no matter what players you have. Also then getting into the top 4 and CL isn’t too bad either.
That is more than some others managers did to get their first chance.
Also getting an Everton team in the bottom 4/5 would not be classed as a top job at the time, It was a brave decision by someone who has the guts to take it on.

Would we be in this position under Rafael maybe/maybe not. One thing is for certain is that if we’re in this position under Rafael we definitely would not have a chance of getting out. He would have been very blasé about it and showed no passion, and the crowd would have given up by now and turned the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.