2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…eh? you’ve been blaming him since Benitez left & I think with some justification.

Whilst throwing him into the post at the time hasn’t worked out, I’m sure had he been there from the start of the season we’d have been fine.

I think he’s learning on the job and he’ll be fine in the long-term but let’s not forget he’s inherited the conflict off the pitch his predecessor purposefully caused. If he can keep us up he could be exactly what we need.
Frank is willing to try new things, to explore new tactics and isn't wedded to one particular style of football. I bloody hate when managers come and talk about "football philosophy". It's a buzz word to please the TV cameras.

Good post ?

I’m not saying at all that Benitez did better. In fact I repeatedly said he should never have been appointed. I’m saying that, on paper, he is quite obviously a far superior manager. Lampard has zero credentials to warrant getting a top job, and has been largely uninspiring everywhere he’s been.

I would LOVE him to succeed, for obvious reasons, but I just can’t see how he’ll ever be a successful manager. His demeanour pre and post game is dreadful, his tactics are largely non existent, and he’s quite clearly in over his head. He’s just so uninspiring to me.

I’ll stop mentioning Benitez now because it clearly triggers a few of you, but I’ll ask you this… if/when Frank gets us relegated, would you trust him at all to bring us back up? The Championship, as fun as it could be if we win a lot, requires stamina, passion and actual tactics. I just can’t see us getting that from him. I hope I’m wrong… I just don’t think he’s a manager.
Frank got everything right today, and I'm sorry I don't agree ehat you say about him, the players are behind him if you were in the ground today like I was you will have seen that. Uninspiring is a word I would use for Benitez, and I was a person who would have given him a chance.

I would stick with Frank now relegated or not. Look at Moyes appointment from Preston, young and unproven and we all grew together. I think Frank could hopefully be that for us, we need stability and direction we can't keep chopping managers.

UTFT!!!

27A720D9-0C49-4240-BF00-89C9AC57F21B.jpeg

I hope he plays the same way against Leicester. If we try to play football and press high. They could destroy us on the break.
He set up the way we should have been set up from the moment he walked through the doors. Banks of 4 and 5 with one up top.

And if we'd dropped back and battled that way against Burnley we're not even having this conversation and the Relegation Thread is :locked:

I agree. I was massively supportive of his appointment but then had a bit of a wobble when we were getting our pants pulled down by Newcastle. Frank has shown that he is willing to engage in the dark arts to get the results and I'm absolutely all for it.

If this season has taught us anything it is that outside of the club we are seen as the "Millwall of the North". Totally undeserved because we are nothing like them but for some reason it really seems that everyone hates us.

I love seeing opposition fans seething about Gordon or Richarlison, it means they're ruffling feathers. For too long we've been a soft touch, nice boys club. It's time to throw all that in the bin and relish being the pantomime villain that we seem to get painted as.
I don’t think most supporters hated us or wanted us to go down at the start of the season

But if a big gun gets in trouble you do think it’s funny and want them to go down. Most of us probably wanted Newcastle to go down

We’ll never be in this situation again after we stay up

One of the things with Lampard is that he's adjusted the way he'd like his teams to play. Last week he played 10 behind the ball and hitting the RS on the break. He slightly adjusted it today pressing at times, but generally playing a lot of the game with 10 behind the ball and hitting Chelsea on the break. That isn't how he said he'd like to play, but changing his attitude and getting the players on board as well, has been a big achievement on his part. The Leicester away game has to be 10 behind the ball and hit them on the break maybe the same at Watford as well, who started the Burnley game very lively.

One of the things with Lampard is that he's adjusted the way he'd like his teams to play. Last week he played 10 behind the ball and hitting the RS on the break. He slightly adjusted it today pressing at times, but generally playing a lot of the game with 10 behind the ball and hitting Chelsea on the break. That isn't how he said he'd like to play, but changing his attitude and getting the players on board as well, has been a big achievement on his part. The Leicester away game has to be 10 behind the ball and hit them on the break maybe the same at Watford as well, who started the Burnley game very lively.
What we did vs man u and today should be blueprint to our away games too. It took a while to sink in i guess, but this is where we are now. And our players start to play the same system for a few weeks now. Thats also good. And still it aint agricultural allardyce football. Its clever, good high press and wait for the mistakes they make. Also, our defense start to believe in themselves. Mason Holgate, world class CB. WHo wouldv thought.

Good post ?

I’m not saying at all that Benitez did better. In fact I repeatedly said he should never have been appointed. I’m saying that, on paper, he is quite obviously a far superior manager. Lampard has zero credentials to warrant getting a top job, and has been largely uninspiring everywhere he’s been.

I would LOVE him to succeed, for obvious reasons, but I just can’t see how he’ll ever be a successful manager. His demeanour pre and post game is dreadful, his tactics are largely non existent, and he’s quite clearly in over his head. He’s just so uninspiring to me.

I’ll stop mentioning Benitez now because it clearly triggers a few of you, but I’ll ask you this… if/when Frank gets us relegated, would you trust him at all to bring us back up? The Championship, as fun as it could be if we win a lot, requires stamina, passion and actual tactics. I just can’t see us getting that from him. I hope I’m wrong… I just don’t think he’s a manager.

How and why in the name of Zeus are you still here lol

He set up the way we should have been set up from the moment he walked through the doors. Banks of 4 and 5 with one up top.

And if we'd dropped back and battled that way against Burnley we're not even having this conversation and the Relegation Thread is :locked:
Dave mate, Jonjoe Kenny and Ben Godfrey single-handedly through that Burnley game with their respective errors, and let's not forget Richarlison's miss too at 2-1.

Frank's tactics have been largely bob on in recent weeks. His subs less so but they're getting better now too. No surprise that better players being fit again means that there's less mistakes being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.