2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nuno would have worked here. Way less expectation than at Spurs.

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but you can absolutely see his 3-4-3 working with the team we have; plenty of detractors of 3 at the back in regards to this Everton team but I think that's more because of weak defending coaching - the actual squad we have does suit it in my view, Gray + Gordon + Richarlison especially benefitting

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but you can absolutely see his 3-4-3 working with the team we have; plenty of detractors of 3 at the back in regards to this Everton team but I think that's more because of weak defending coaching - the actual squad we have does suit it in my view, Gray + Gordon + Richarlison especially benefitting
We paid for having a clueless and spineless DoF who failed to take charge.

No it doesn't tbh, and I know that's harsh on his time here - I thought we played some good football too, but we didn't really have an identity if that makes sense? like the playing style was aggressive, but that was it, it wasn't tiki taka, or direct, was just aggressive.

Am not saying anything wrong with that, tbh, its just since that 11 years we have been all over the shop in what direction we should be taking.
True to a degree. I just think the whole identity thing is a bit overrated. In the same way Man Utd never had an "identity" under Fergie as he would change with the times. What he did have is the nous to sign the best players and play them in a way to get the best out of them.

Their fans still imagined they were the old "attack, attack" United when they were scraping wins and playing a shot Michael Owen.

Moshiri should have had the courage to appoint Pereira rather than go through the BS interview process. He met him 2/3 times FFS. He should have just appointed him.

He's a coward of a man. Bending to the will of a fanbase that long ago left rationality behind.
I was then and still am now of little knowledge re Pereira, so its hard for me to say if he would have been right. You would think if he had gone through those steps he would know who was right but this is Mosh and he has shown nothing in the way of footy knowledge to convince he will ever know what he is doing!

I think you nailed it earlier when you said re Lampard, Right Man Wrong time!

The fanbase may be all the things we are accused of but its only because we care deeply about Everton.

And will be here long after Mosh has bailed

Dunc is the only one who would do anything for the club and he won't get more of a tune out of this rabble. It's the players. The players the players. Whatever tactic we try they aren't good enough and don't want it enough. I have made my peace we are gone.

Oh I know mate.

E26A3F87-B46D-4A62-8B7B-F2B1FEC44950.jpeg

This is our ‘form’ over the past 10 games. The only team as bad as us is Graham Potter’s Brighton.

There are managers out there that have some tactical nous and under whom we would have a better chance than we do now. The run in we have is horrendous and it's by no means even likely, let alone certain, that a good manager will be able to save us, but Frank simply doesn't have the experience or the mindset to do it. Look at the formations, the defending, the game management. I know we make too many individual mistakes, and the manager can't be blamed directly for those, but his management isn't helping. It's the same things that got him sacked at Chelsea.

The question is probably not whether another manager could save us, but who would be mad enough to take on the job at this point.

Bit bang on - especially considering Burnley's form/season, but can't argue with him.

As I said earlier. Maybe he said that. OK. But that wasn't him just being honest about what was said in dressing room. That is a mind game. He has us in his target. We are thier rival for survival. That was a direct message to everton about the race. Straight through Sky.

All people are taking from that is 'see see, even Dyche knows we are crap'.

It's more than that. He is laying the seeds in a mind game battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.