2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps mate - hindsight and all there is some wisdom in that, personally i think it was slim picking in the market since Carlo left, thought both recruitment process's and candidates were uninspiring, while we often have an identity crisis on what we actually want.
I think Nuno would have worked here. Way less expectation than at Spurs.

Keep forgetting how defensively sound we were as well as being ace on the attack under the fat kopite.

The fact people are laying this at franks door is embarrassing

Everton sacked Benitez on 16th January;

Everton have sacked manager Rafael Benitez after just six-and-a-half months in charge following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Norwich.

The Toffees have won just once in the Premier League since September and are 15th in the table, six points above the relegation zone.

BENITEZ'S RECORD​

P22 W7 D5 L10 F31 A39

You keep harping on about Benitez, move on.

It's not about apportioning blame - it's about whatever could help Everton avoid relegation.

All true mate, the lads are right in the sense, in that Frank needs to look at the break down, two goals last night and one against WHU were a result of us being turned over in pocession and caught on the counter. That's something that is a job of work if he's going to play this way. The other is i said in the match thread that Dyce was making subs to target Kenny as a weak link, he did and the two goals came from down his side. He needs to be more in game aware and change when vulnerabilities become apparent. Also thought it was a bit silly playing Kenny anyway against Burnley, he's tiny and has no physical presence - we conceded a set piece and two goas down his side. Frank need to be more self and in game aware and not so gung ho.

But i also see what he's trying to do, team is playing for him and i do believe we have an awful team, racked with injury and unavailability, - which limits the manager.

I do agree but he's not that type of manager and while he should be, he's not.

However, you can see seeds of thinks that were working.

WH - Sending off and a mistake turned a draw into a loss
Burnley - Failing to win the ball and a sliced clearance turned a win/draw into a loss.

Before that it's "play well for 20mins then fold".

These aren't isolated incidents.

The only thing he has left is to park a bus. His choice to do so.

Not often, we have had an identity crisis since Moyes left potentially since Joe Royle, he gave us the knife to a gun fight squad after that we have bounced from pragmatic, to passing, to attacking (if possible), to hard to beat to whatever we are now.

Badly needs sorting out.

This underlines my point, we binned pragmatic football under Allardyce in six months for more open football, now we want to bin more open football for more pragmatic football.

We don't know what we want. The only thing wisdom tells us, is chopping and changing it constantly doesn't work.

Last edited:

It took 15 days to appoint Lampard after sacking the Fat One.

We thinking we get another "right man" in less time frame?

Absolute crazy talk

It won't be the right man, am 99% certain it would end up being Nuno if it happened..... Available and in bed with all the agents in Moshiris ear.

The club just hate us lets be honest.

It took 15 days to appoint Lampard after sacking the Fat One.

We thinking we get another "right man" in less time frame?

Absolute crazy talk
That was about hiring a manager for the nest 3 years. This will be about manging the last 8 games of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.