2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

It's almost certainly not going to save us, but we have to try.
Last night was a blow and I've said I've gave up caring. (I have. Just apathetic to it all now). However positives are we aren't and haven't been in the drop zone yet and we still have games in hand on those above us and Burnley are still one point behind us. We were an easy win for them and they're probably not going to go on a run themselves. I could see this new DoF suggesting Nuno and I could see Bill and Moshiri picking Sam. I have no idea if either could keep us up and do a better job than Lampard however we do probably only need 3 wins and maybe a draw to survive. Absolutely baffling to me that we're here when you consider who Lampards backroom team are as well.

We paid for having a clueless and spineless DoF who failed to take charge.

Regrettably true I think - even when he hung Silva out to dry in failing to sign a Gueye + Zouma replacement, I backed Brands because I think the DoF model is the right way to go; but ultimately he wasn't able to stamp his authority on the club, and as much as Moshiri should get his portion of the blame for not handing over the reins, Brands should too for allowing himself to be so marginalised.

I think even now Nuno is probably the best option - Championship promotion on his CV don't forget...

As I said earlier. Maybe he said that. OK. But that wasn't him just being honest about what was said in dressing room. That is a mind game. He has us in his target. We are thier rival for survival. That was a direct message to everton about the race. Straight through Sky.

All people are taking from that is 'see see, even Dyche knows we are crap'.

It's more than that. He is laying the seeds in a mind game battle.
Yup - as we would say in Ireland: "You're playing senior hurling now, boy."

Dyche is telling young, inexperienced novice Frank that he is playing with the big boys now. He is setting the terms for battle. He is openly disparaging our players. He is publicly humiliating them, displaying his contempt for them as men as well as professional footballers. He is absolutely correct to do so.

Our fella will probably blame the fella before him, the lack of genitalia among the playing staff, or the fixture schedule.

We're going down and our captain is moaning about the engineers who failed to water-proof the bow instead of doing something to bloody well fix it.

Yeah hard to argue with him but by bang on I meant a bit snide for a manager to say it about another team - it reflects on Lampard.

Laughing that he told his team when losing that Everton don't know how to win (when Everton have won more than his team) feels unnecessary/a dig at the manager to me.
Dog eat dog now mate, brutal mind games from here on in, I just saw him as being honest, you and I agreed with him for starters.

As I said earlier. Maybe he said that. OK. But that wasn't him just being honest about what was said in dressing room. That is a mind game. He has us in his target. We are thier rival for survival. That was a direct message to everton about the race. Straight through Sky.

Not really needed though - I mean, our players have only just been called bottlers by their own manager.

You'd hope players would react to the insult and try and send them down after that.

Absolutely spot on. A good manager will use whatever tactics necessary to get the best from his "team"

As someone else said earlier, Frank now needs to play that to the players everyday and get them to rise up to the challenge. If that doesnt motivate you then nothing will!

remember what HK did at Sunderland in 84, thats called management in my book, taking the situation and using it to your advantage and fair play to Dyche for using it last night as bad as that made us!

It's an utterly laughable idea that we are going to find this new manager to come in and turn us around inside 10 games. We have players who are garabge and don't care about the club. Sir Alex couldn't save this bunch of clowns
Sir Alex couldn't.....
Sir Sam would

Last night was a blow and I've said I've gave up caring. (I have. Just apathetic to it all now). However positives are we aren't and haven't been in the drop zone yet and we still have games in hand on those above us and Burnley are still one point behind us. We were an easy win for them and they're probably not going to go on a run themselves. I could see this new DoF suggesting Nuno and I could see Bill and Moshiri picking Sam. I have no idea if either could keep us up and do a better job than Lampard however we do probably only need 3 wins and maybe a draw to survive. Absolutely baffling to me that we're here when you consider who Lampards backroom team are as well.
Can you imagine Allardyce though if he came back, he would have that bloody smug grin on his face and he would be giving it loads to the media about how he is coming in to "save the day" I don't know if I could stomach it tbh

There are managers out there that have some tactical nous and under whom we would have a better chance than we do now. The run in we have is horrendous and it's by no means even likely, let alone certain, that a good manager will be able to save us, but Frank simply doesn't have the experience or the mindset to do it. Look at the formations, the defending, the game management. I know we make too many individual mistakes, and the manager can't be blamed directly for those, but his management isn't helping. It's the same things that got him sacked at Chelsea.

The question is probably not whether another manager could save us, but who would be mad enough to take on the job at this point.
He is a bit naive tactically and I question his subs. But I didn't see much wrong with the tactics the last two games we were killed by defensive errors and individual mistakes. This has been going on all season since we lost the West Ham game. The spiral began then. The capitulation against Watford was another warning sign. Not sure Lampard was the right manager but it seems our choices were limited and the players are still the same players. Not one cb fit for purpose, full backs that aren't good enough, not enough dynamism in midfield no playmaker. These will be issues under every manager. Look at Benitez's record one win in fourteen. Our squad is a poorly assembled frankenstein's monster and is far more to blame for me. Even if Big Sam came in and set us up not to concede I am not convinced it would work with this bunch. Benitez tried solid that didn't work either. Maybe its just our players aren't mentally strong enough and in the main not good enough.

Reactions: Ian

Problem with sacking Frank is I hold no trust whatsoever in Moshiri bringing someone in. Especially given he will probably be influenced by one of his dodgy money laundering agent mates.

Reactions: Ian
Not really needed though - I mean, our players have only just been called bottlers by their own manager.

You'd hope players would react to the insult and try and send them down after that.
Dyche knows there will be no reaction from our cowards. That's why he was rubbing in his advantage. He knows he has us.

And the fans made it so toxic it was detrimental to everything. The fans threatened more of the same over Perreira so he clearly felt he had no choice.

The fans brought Lampard in.
Yeah I agree, I blame the fans too.

I can't believe the fans sold our 2 most creative players from a team devoid of creative output.

I can't believe the fans have made 9 errors directly leading to goals this year.

I can't believe the fans gutted the club of half of its staff including the scouting and medical team.

I can't believe the fans have had 3 red cards in the last 4 Premier league games.

And I, sat in the top balcony at Goodison, should definitely have more courage on the ball and not be a spineless shitbag who's terrified of doing the job they're paid millions a year to do.

The fans are the reason they even have a chance of staying up. We have one of the best away supports in the league. Those lovable maniacs sell out every away end on any day and haven't seen a win since August on the road.

The home fans are a weapon of hostility that these players don't know how to use. We don't ask for much, work hard and be brave. A lack of technical quality is forgivable, shying away isnt.

I'm so sick of seeing anyone call out the fans for how this club is run.

They're the absolute last ones to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.