2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor game management from the red card I'm afraid.

I guess no CB on the bench meant he was limited in options but as soon as Coleman had to move inside Iwobi was basically destroyed all game by Henry.

And when you're 2-1 up a proven DM simply has to come on.

Does seem a trend with British managers when you think back to some of Moyes deliberations during games and Southgate in major tournaments.

Lampard done well in last few weeks but today shows his limitations.

Isnt Welch a CB?

If the ref today wasnt corrupt then it would have been seen as a good decision.

It was never a good decision for exactly that reason. Anything could've happened today but we had half an hour to take the game to an atrocious Watford side. Instead we settled for a point and left ourselves open to a red card blowing everything apart today.

You leave yourself open to these things imo when you don’t take opportunities on offer.

Relegated Watford with an injury crisis and we settled for a point for me when he could have pushed on.

Exactly. It was so bleedingly obvious at the time that was our chance to get a crucial 3 points with more difficult games coming up.

Can we just sack this fool regardless of if we stay up. Talking to his assistant for 45 mins about what to is ridiculous. He needed to do something as soon as the red card happened

Status
Not open for further replies.