Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

Your owner is a fat scumbag who should be in jail and will end up ruining your club.

You spent recklessly. Deal with it.

Agreed, we spent frivolously. Cost of our squad on promotion was £12 million, I think the nearest squad cost at the time was Bournemouth at around £150 million, so spending had to be made. As for Marinakis, he certainly is prepared to invest, which I'd prefer over an owner who isn't.

Every club does it, though. We would have been giving Forest grief from the stands if the situation was reversed, that's what the tribalism of football does. Of course, the PL and their paymasters at the so called "big clubs" are all for that, it's classic divide and rule. I can't believe that I'm preaching from the same hymn sheet as @ForeverBlue92 , in fact it makes me extremely uneasy, but until the fans of the other 14 clubs realise that it's us against them not us against each other then things will just get worse. I'm not even sure it's 14, Spurs, for example, are not really in the same league as the Manchester clubs or the RS in terms of influence and the wheels look to be falling off at Chelsea. Sadly, every club outside the mythical top 6, both in terms of the fanbase and ownership, are too self-absorbed to realise that they could effect change if they put petty rivalries aside for a short period of time.

Spot on these rules have been made up by the top six clubs, in collusion with Masters and Co, so they remain the top 6 be under no illusions.

yeah, the more I think about it, the more this forest fan has a point.
where's the harm in trying to get some solidarity with fans of other clubs when it comes to protesting.
It could get mocked and fizzle out
or it could be the nucleus of a multi club movement against the PL and the top 6.

I do have a connection with the group that organise the banners at the City Ground, but I think the consensus from this forum is that they don't want anything to do with a joint protest and I've understood the reasons why, even though I think a joint message would be a good idea. Unless there's a sudden change in opinion on this forum, I think its unlikely to happen.

Your best bet is getting in touch with some of our fan groups on social media and conjure up some ideas my friend.

Wouldn't hurt to speak to Ped and Baz from Toffee tv they have a large EFC audience who are involved in the groups and can get the message out on the airwaves.

I would assist however I avoid football discussion outside of this forum.

yeah, the more I think about it, the more this forest fan has a point.
where's the harm in trying to get some solidarity with fans of other clubs when it comes to protesting.
It could get mocked and fizzle out
or it could be the nucleus of a multi club movement against the PL and the top 6.
Happy at the end of the season is not the time for me a huge 10 games left now. The forest game at home is not that time

Every club does it, though. We would have been giving Forest grief from the stands if the situation was reversed, that's what the tribalism of football does. Of course, the PL and their paymasters at the so called "big clubs" are all for that, it's classic divide and rule. I can't believe that I'm preaching from the same hymn sheet as @ForeverBlue92 , in fact it makes me extremely uneasy, but until the fans of the other 14 clubs realise that it's us against them not us against each other then things will just get worse. I'm not even sure it's 14, Spurs, for example, are not really in the same league as the Manchester clubs or the RS in terms of influence and the wheels look to be falling off at Chelsea. Sadly, every club outside the mythical top 6, both in terms of the fanbase and ownership, are too self-absorbed to realise that they could effect change if they put petty rivalries aside for a short period of time.
This is exactly right. The other 14 clubs have the power but are not on the same page to use it. They should dictate to the so called big 6

They should say going forward these are the rules - we all have a hard wages cap that you can’t go above. Same for every team in the league

We’ve all been brainwashed by Sky into thinking that the big clubs should have all the influence

Football is at a cross roads moment. If the other clubs don’t take back control now, they never will

Agreed, we spent frivolously. Cost of our squad on promotion was £12 million, I think the nearest squad cost at the time was Bournemouth at around £150 million, so spending had to be made. As for Marinakis, he certainly is prepared to invest, which I'd prefer over an owner who isn't.
I leave the actions of other Forest fans alone. You have felt the feeling here !!

You made a comment that the rules effectively cement the top 6 and everyone else can swing. This is absolutely right. You will never see a Blackburn challenge, or Bolton, Ipswich, Norwich, … etc

The rules are not about sustainability they are anti-competitive. No club coming into the PL can compete. The three coming up becoming the three going down will become much more common unless a bigger club somehow contrive to get themselves relegated (Villa, Everton, West Ham etc). It is all about income not wealth which restricts competition.

I do have a connection with the group that organise the banners at the City Ground, but I think the consensus from this forum is that they don't want anything to do with a joint protest and I've understood the reasons why, even though I think a joint message would be a good idea. Unless there's a sudden change in opinion on this forum, I think its unlikely to happen.
Have you still got your little flyer that called Everton cheats mate?