Focus on the cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd love us to win a cup but I fear for our league form if we prioritised winning one despite the rewards. Sadly I just don't think at the moment we know how to properly rotate the squad to handle the league and the cups together.

Argh, the holy grail. I've heard tell that these were quite common back in the day. Personally, I want Everton to try and win everything, even if it's unrealistic. Football is boringly predictable by and large in the modern era. We always had a good cup pedigree before the premiership era regardless of our league form, the negative mindset since the mid nineties has become well entrenched I'm afraid. The nearer we get to success, the less we believe we'll achieve it. Only a serious change in financial muscle can change this in the long term I feel, sadly.

safety_icon.gif

These are dishwasher and microwave safe, and are the ideal gift, or personal purchase. They can be purchased from the site owner at any time.

But yes, I'd take 8th and a trophy over 4th all day. We'd get Eurooe because of the cup won anyway, so that's all good.

How utterly dull it is to try to come 4th, and then get knocked out in the group stage or round of 16. Had we got 4th last year, there's no way in hell we'd have done anything in the CL. Where the ambition or sense of excitement in that?
Liverpool's CL campaign went well this year didn't it? I know as a fan I'd far rather have won both the cups than do what they did in the CL and EL this year.

Everton are not Portsmouth or Wigan, and you cannot compare their relegation at all with our potential FA Cup success. It's completely irrelevant.

Of course football has changed, it's dominated by money, and only a handful of elite clubs can win the CL and PL. But don't be brainwashed into thinking that because Sky tells you that only the Premier League and Champions League count. After all, what is everyone doing.....why don't we all support Man Utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.