Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 1 of them was my lad who's 15 so if it's all the same with you I would prefer him to behave as a 15 Yr old and not a 19 Yr old.
As for getting behind the team he went to Switzerland and Germany pre season and goes to as many aways as I will allow him.
Thought all 15 year olds got drunk at football. Times have changed

I'm not particularly bothered either way regarding the flags. I see them as a way of boosting the crowd prior to kick off, rather than something that's going to continue during the game .. I sit in GT8 anyway and £'m happy to get behind the originals plans to improve the atmosphere, it's hard to dismiss that their efforts regarding the sirens, and trying to improve the atmosphere played a part in our strong home form the back end of last season.

As much as I agree that the players on the pitch need to give us something to sing about, I do believe that a strong home atmosphere does give us an advantage!

Flag fan or not, let's get behind the blues tomorrow, let our support be known and hopefully the result and performance can be one we can all be proud of. Let's get Goodison rocking and truly get our season underway, can't wait to be back, up the Toffees!

Weird world this when people are more bothered to type out their opinion on why they are against something rather than ignoring it or embracing doing something as despairing a waving a flag to show support.
Takes more energy and time to type the negativity than to do the other...
Assuming you actually go, just don't pick it up, will be the same as not singing or showing no vocal support.

Jeeeez

I'm pretty old school when it comes to this sort of thing but I've just got to accept times change. I'm sure there will be plenty of kids there tomorrow that love it.

I know i hate anything that tries to help the atmosphere, well better when you just sit down all game either moaning or in silence. Hope we don't try anything else to improve things

FFS I despair - plastic flags to wave on every seat! If this is the way forward I’ll be stopping going soon after 40 odd years of unwavering support - imagine what whoppers will be in attendance once we move to the new stadium. Football is officially finished!
Nudging into kopite-ism, It'll be ice hockey organ music next.
Or printed song sheets with...Der, der, der de der, der, der, der, on it so we can all sing-a-long-a Z Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.