Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is our club a family? Most of us have been mortified wearing something that our mother bought us.

The flags are there already, so every other clubs fans will take the **** no matter what. It's up to us to decide whether we are so insecure that we agree with the outsiders and belittle our own family, or have the courage to tough it out, wave the flags like lunatics for 90+ minutes, make the biggest noise ever in Goodison and make them feel like they're the ones left out.

Anyway, if we don't, she mightn't buy us that shiny Blue Wall at Bramley Moore that we want for Christmas.
Think this is it tbh "the red boogeyman fans will take the mick out of us!!!"
Look how many players said the siren affects them while they're waiting for kick off it amps them up it makes them smell blood, Why can't waving some flags have the same effect, Just think positive for once.

My only objection harks back to our first visit to the new Wembley in the final, when everybody got a flag on their seat. Nearly had my eye skewered about 30 times that match, I’ve never been so paranoid!

Think that song is the 1st thing on away supporters agenda regardless of the atmosphere and regardless of what ground they are at but I do agree that apart from the top 6 the atmosphere is one of expectancy to wipe the floor with the opposition. If that is not happening then the grumbles commence quite early and we rarely get behind the team. Top 6 is a different matter. If we are going toe to toe with a top 6 side then the atmosphere is cracking but again if we are not competitive enough we will sit back quietly and hence the library.

Exactly

....Reds fan just came up to me in the bookies and said “what’s with the flags?”. I never knew anything about them until I saw this thread this morning, but if it’s getting to that lot, it’s ok with me.

To all you dissenters. What's wrong with you? A few flags. So what! I can only imagine this protest is more about you than the wider interests of the club. Is it because the flags don't fit into your idea of what a football crowd should be like. That is an overtly masculine, tribal and territorial alpha group there to vent your working weeks frustrations out verbally on our players?

We’re a reactive crowd, so the noise comes when we’re responding to something, a good piece of play, a strong tackle, poor decision etc.

In slower passages of play, it can go very quiet, and we don’t really have a song or chant which goes on for very long - sort of a low, tribal-ish, rhythmic chant, which lots of other teams do, particularly European teams. Our songs tend to be short and specific, and don’t really get going in those slower times or when we don’t have the ball.

Fair play to these lads trying to make it better, flags not really my bag, but at least they’re trying something, rather than just moaning about it, like me.

Fair play to those organising it.

I’ll always be a miserable bar steward but I’m sure the younger contingent enjoy it.

Not my cup of tea, but i suppose all the wools in The St End and the kids will enjoy it.

Crack on i say.

Not a fan of this orchestrated fervour.

It's up to the team to engender the crowd.
[/QUOTE

It tried for 20 years and couldnt. Something had to be done. We had the worst Atmosphere in the premiership and it was also effecting performances. Maybe plastic flags isnt the way forward but that group were the main difference in a better atmosphere last season so i say fair play to them

Status
Not open for further replies.