First player who left and made you hate them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, it really isn't that difficult to see why people weren't best pleased, he could have given us a little bit more.

For him to leave for what was a measly fee, on deadline day, was an added kick in the stones. I was far from chuffed when he bagged that hat trick against Fenerbahce, just sick that we'd been mugged off.

...perhaps it’s because I’m old and seen us win plenty. Football is rarely that romantic theses days, it was Rooney PLC with so much money to make and success to have. I never felt any angst at all, I knew of him and his brothers from early so it was brilliant to see him thrive in those early days at United.

...perhaps it’s because I’m old and seen us win plenty. Football is rarely that romantic theses days, it was Rooney PLC with so much money to make and success to have. I never felt any angst at all, I knew of him and his brothers from early so it was brilliant to see him thrive in those early days at United.
Don't really agree that thinking of him staying with us for a little longer is being romantic, a decade, or his whole career, then yes.

Yes, maybe it was easier for those who have seen us win things, but for fans who haven't, watching an unbelievable talent join a club down the road for what was a pittance, wasn't an easy one to take, then factor in his badge kissing antics on a day when a club legend was being honoured and remembered, the shouts are definitely understandable.

....really don’t get the Rooney shouts. Loved him as a youngster and he was so brilliant he was bound to move to arguably the biggest football club in the world. I was chuffed watching him do so well at United. He’s a professional footballer, it was too romantic to think he’d stay with us.

He can show folk his medals.
I was 13 and he was the best thing in the world.

I would have genuinely knocked out that United kid who made the "Please buy Rooney" sign if I'd ever come across him.

DEcqYZwXkAE711M.jpg

There are ways of leaving i wouldnt begrudge, Big Dunc, Arteta, Lescott lads who gave serious and seasons of service while here.

Then there are those who left and didnt give a flyer about the club, Rooney, Jeffers and Barmby.

Whatever about Barmby the other two were blues and that gals me the manner in which they left.

There are ways of leaving i wouldnt begrudge, Big Dunc, Arteta, Lescott lads who gave serious and seasons of service while here.

Then there are those who left and didnt give a flyer about the club, Rooney, Jeffers and Barmby.

Whatever about Barmby the other two were blues and that gals me the manner in which they left.
You don't remember Lescott's last game then.

You don't remember Lescott's last game then.

Id have no beef with Joleen to be honest, was gutted at the time, but in hindsight it was the right move for him and the club, he was wonderful when he was here and id have no complaints on his seasons of service and contribution, at the time it was an area we were stocked in and Distin was also a great signing in hindsight. We cleared 20 mill on those transactions. I was a big fan of his mind. The move made me hate Mark Hughes absolute bulb.

Others might feel different.

Ditto mate, I have been disappointed by certain players leaving, but I don’t think I have genuinely hated any of them (although the Op probably didn’t mean that either). Biggest disappointment was probably Lineker, he was such a great striker, when he left I knew we wouldn’t get anyone in who could replace his goals.
Yes hate was my 9/10 yo mindset, it probably was more disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.