First player who left and made you hate them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lineker...... Not hate. Just gutted.

I was in my mid teens, he was the best striker in Europe, the tip of the spear of an already outstanding team.

We had the double cruelly snatched away by those rats. (on top of the kick in the bollocks of Euroban caused by those very same rats)

The talent drain had begun, and even though we lifted the league the following season it was always the beginning of the end for that team.

....none, hate is a very strong word.

I loved Steve McMahon when he came through the ranks, he was a fabulous Academy product but I couldn’t warm to the man himself, not so much because he converted to the dark side but because he did so with very little class.

....none, hate is a very strong word.

I loved Steve McMahon when he came through the ranks, he was a fabulous Academy product but I couldn’t warm to the man himself, not so much because he converted to the dark side but because he did so with very little class.
Ditto mate, I have been disappointed by certain players leaving, but I don’t think I have genuinely hated any of them (although the Op probably didn’t mean that either). Biggest disappointment was probably Lineker, he was such a great striker, when he left I knew we wouldn’t get anyone in who could replace his goals.

....really don’t get the Rooney shouts. Loved him as a youngster and he was so brilliant he was bound to move to arguably the biggest football club in the world. I was chuffed watching him do so well at United. He’s a professional footballer, it was too romantic to think he’d stay with us.

He can show folk his medals.

....really don’t get the Rooney shouts. Loved him as a youngster and he was so brilliant he was bound to move to arguably the biggest football club in the world. I was chuffed watching him do so well at United. He’s a professional footballer, it was too romantic to think he’d stay with us.

He can show folk his medals.
Come on, it really isn't that difficult to see why people weren't best pleased, he could have given us a little bit more.

For him to leave for what was a measly fee, on deadline day, was an added kick in the stones. I was far from chuffed when he bagged that hat trick against Fenerbahce, just sick that we'd been mugged off.

Come on, it really isn't that difficult to see why people weren't best pleased, he could have given us a little bit more.

For him to leave for what was a measly fee, on deadline day, was an added kick in the stones. I was far from chuffed when he bagged that hat trick against Fenerbahce, just sick that we'd been mugged off.

Good old blue bill selling the family silver for next to nothing that

Status
Not open for further replies.