First Everton Goal of Your Life

blue61

I panda to nobody
Honestly can't remember, but after some research think it was John Connolly against Ipswich 1st September 1973, with super athlete Joe Harper and John Hurst in a 3-0 win.
Edit. Thought it was first goal seen. Billy Bingham scored against Villa in August 1961 when I was 21 days old, with a second from the Golden Vision. Not bad company.

evo1878

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Joe Royle 1971 Ipswich at home first goal after I was born

George Telfer 1976 Ipswich at home. First game I ever went to Goodison

Last edited:

Jeff Jones

Player Valuation: £30m
Wally Fielding in a 3-0 win at home against Man Utd in October 1945, ten days after I was born. We drew 0-0 at Old Trafford three days after I was born.

Wally was a player I grew to love as I grew up, btw.

mellowblue

Player Valuation: £60m
First EFC goal after I was born was scored by J Parker in a 3-0 home victory vs Notts Forest on 6/9/52...2nd division
First live goal....4/3/61 scored by Jimmy Gabriel in a 1-0 home win vs Fulham

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
@Methuselah
Based on your birthday being 17th March 1936, the first Everton goal in your lifetime was by Torrance (Torry) Gillick in a 1-1 home draw with Arsenal on 25th. ;)
(the first Dixie Dean goals after your birth came in a hat trick against Birmingham on April 25th)
Arsenal 1 - 1 away. Scorer T Gillick. (25th March 1936)

Thanks Eggs. Misread the title of the thread. Thought it was first game attended.
....Gillick isn’t a player i’d heard of. Looked him up, Scottish international we bought from Rangers for their then record fee. Nice that his memory is resurrected here.

Belated Happy 83rd Birthday @Methuselah.

riddick

Player Valuation: £70m
I read this wrong completely,, apparently it's by a lad named Ken Mcnaught over Norwich, 19th of April 77

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.