First Everton Goal of Your Life

kev

Player Valuation: £40m
....Gillick isn’t a player i’d heard of. Looked him up, Scottish international we bought from Rangers for their then record fee. Nice that his memory is resurrected here.
Gillick seemed to score a few at the end of that season.
A bit of info here

chrismpw

Player Valuation: £50m
You can find out here-

Mine was from Derek Mayers in a 2-1 win over Sunderland on 22nd Sept 1956. I have to admit to never having heard of Derek Mayers, but he was a local Liverpool lad who scored 7 goals in 18 appearances for the Toffees between 1952-57. Derek died on 15.04.16 aged 81.

View attachment 55988
Was fully expecting this to be an own goal - but no. Being Everton they made it worse, then better.
End of April 66 - entered a 3 game goalless losing streak.

The first goal came 3 weeks after id been born - even then Everton went 2-0 down before Mike Trebilcock scored in the 59th minute. Good old Everton went on to score two further unanswered goals and so won the FA cup, so i forgive them.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
Was fully expecting this to be an own goal - but no. Being Everton they made it worse, then better.
End of April 66 - entered a 3 game goalless losing streak.

The first goal came 3 weeks after id been born - even then Everton went 2-0 down before Mike Trebilcock scored in the 59th minute. Good old Everton went on to score two further unanswered goals and so won the FA cup, so i forgive them.
....brilliant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.