Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely immense tonight. It is great to see him cause so much havoc further up the pitch.

Gibson, Neville and Fellaini make a great central midfield trio.

We didn't dominant the midfield, we out fought them. They dominated the possession and we defended well after the goal.

Fellaini only ventured back into our half by 70 minutes tonight when we had the whole team back and hoofed it back to them.

It's happened a lot and causes us to have heart attacks because we can't keep the ball.

If we wanna improve, we need to keep the ball when we win it back.

Once Fellaini gets stopped up top, which he has done in the past, he'll drop deeper and the team will drop deeper leaving one up top and well struggle, which we've seen in the past.

To me you won't lose much up top allowing Felli to go box to box. I think it'll improve the whole team.

It depends on your definition of dominating the midfield mate. To be honest, teams can have pocession all they want in certain areas, but there is more to dominateing the midfield then just having pocession.

They were defensively sound yes, but i cant remember giving the ball away at all tonight and hit some lovely balls, Neville used all his years of nous to cover space and read the calm and provide calmness - i dont want to see him there every week but hes done well in there over all.

Lets be honest, they were both up against Scholes, Cleverley, Anderson and Kagawa dropped deep. I thought they were the most dominant midfield to be honest. But then its all about opinions really, Gibson doesnt get the credit for some of the balls he hits or his creativity for my money, which is getting better game by game.

By far and away the best midfielder in this league. Said it last season aswell, couldnt care less who disagrees. he is an absolute beast.

What I don't get is why every media outlet suddenly come out with quotes like "Everton better watch out for bids for Fellaini." I can't imagine if Rooney had an "unplayable" game he'd receive the same treatment. It lacks respect.

What I don't get is why every media outlet suddenly come out with quotes like "Everton better watch out for bids for Fellaini." I can't imagine if Rooney had an "unplayable" game he'd receive the same treatment. It lacks respect.

True mate, but it's because Man Utd are in the CL.. In the football world, any good CL team is seen as a step up from us. Hate it but that's the reality. Maybe this will change soon enough though, a man can dream.

Gibson doesnt get the credit for some of the balls he hits or his creativity for my money, which is getting better game by game.

I thought when he first come he was guilty of having a heavy foot at times when trapping he ball but his technique for a reasonably solid lad is pretty good. His passing is getting better weighted all he time. He's still a youngster in terms of first team experience.

True mate, but it's because Man Utd are in the CL.. In the football world, any good CL team is seen as a step up from us. Hate it but that's the reality. Maybe this will change soon enough though, a man can dream.

It's not insulting just idiotic really.

Like teams buy players after one performance? Like scouts haven't been aware of Fellaini for yonks?

Professional clubs aren't quite as vacant, lazy or unaware as the media.

This! He is class, but he'll be expensive to anyone who wants him He's had boss performances like this before, the one against city springs to mind. He's on a good contract, he's just got his mate here, he talks about the family of the club... as long as we keep going forward, we have a good chance of keeping him. Even before tonight I fancied us for a top 5 slot. ookmark this FFS, COYB

It's not insulting just idiotic really.

Like teams buy players after one performance? Like scouts haven't been aware of Fellaini for yonks?

Professional clubs aren't quite as vacant, lazy or unaware as the media.

City bought the wrong player, anyway cant wait for arsenal to spend their money, will ne nervous now as wenger looking to replace song.

He was excellent tonight, we seen some of this last season but tonight was just pure class.

Thinking back to how much I used to criticise in his first season, I can't think of anyone who I've ever changed my opinion on so much. Had texts from Leeds, Villa and Arsenal fans all raving about him through the game as well, even before he scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.