Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're playing Wigan then we'd be best playing a creative player there I think.

Fellaini clearly is immense in that role but each game is a different challenge, and under different expectations/circumstances he'd be better further back I think.

Yes. The teams that will park the bus against us and we always struggle against.

Those games you need to be clever rather than be a battering ram. Having him steaming in from deep like Toure is where he'd kill it

He's beautifully good.

One of the most dominant one-man performances you could ever, ever hope to see in football. And for it to come against one of the title favourites.. he's Worldclass.

He'll get played wherever he gets played according to the opp...Jelavic was going to get no love off Vidic so he couldn't work up there all alone so, yeah...keep Vidic occupied with Jelavic and let Felli boss whomever dares to try and man mark him.

Worked. thankfully...

If we're playing Wigan then we'd be best playing a creative player there I think.

Fellaini clearly is immense in that role but each game is a different challenge, and under different expectations/circumstances he'd be better further back I think.

Thats going to be a test to be honest, we do well against teams that are open against us, but teams who are difficult to break down we tend to struggle.

I dont think Mofro is a defensive midfielder if im honest, ive never liked people calling him one or antoher hes an all round player.

Id have him up there at the mo, if he can still produce end product and maintain that preformence its a must.

I think the thing to remember is that this isnt a performence in isolation, he was immense up there at the back end of last season as well.

Thats going to be a test to be honest, we do well against teams that are open against us, but teams who are difficult to break down we tend to struggle.

I dont think Mofro is a defensive midfielder if im honest, ive never liked people calling him one or antoher hes an all round player.

Id have him up there at the mo, if he can still produce end product and maintain that preformence its a must.

I think the thing to remember is that this isnt a performence in isolation, he was immense up there at the back end of last season as well.

I've seen a few Yaya Toure comparisons. I think they're very different players but you'd say for both they don't really do one thing. They're multi-talented and perhaps to get the most out of them you have to give them a role where they can really stamp their influence on the entire game, rather than one part of the pitch.

Think this sums it up for me.

I just think hes an exceptional footballer- he could play right back and be the best player. I do think a really good central midfielder that can boss a game is harder to find than a really good number 10 or off the striker position.

That said he was immense today against one of the top teams in the league but there again again he dominated against Man City in that central position.

Will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be worth 15 million.

He is so average it's unbelievable to see.

He doesn't even have any good qualities.

Worth about 5-8 million but because it was last day of the transfer deadline, and Standard didn't want to sell, Everton just said name a price and we'll pay it.

a) because we hadn't spent ANY money at all and Kenwright needed the fans off his back.

b) because he was the only CM available that was abit better then a yard dog like Neville.
Well how this has been proven wrong! IN MOYES WE TRUST!

Think this sums it up for me.

I just think hes an exceptional footballer- he could play right back and be the best player. I do think a really good central midfielder that can boss a game is harder to find than a really good number 10 or off the striker position.

That said he was immense today against one of the top teams in the league but there again again he dominated against Man City in that central position.

If we were playing it on the ground then you'd want Fellaini deeper I think. We exploited United's shaky defence with that tactical bombardment but I'd really rather have an Osman type there for teams that will look to defend against us.

Fellaini regularly covers the most ground out of any of our players though, so he will make a mark in areas beyond his 'on paper' position.

Immense today. He really is a cult hero, and agree one of the best in the premier league.

My concern is how long until money bags man city, PSG, real or barca come knocking. Honestly believe if modric costs 35m, mofro is worth at least that.

Problem is on he only agreed to sign a new contract if we included a release clause of 26.5M.

If we were playing it on the ground then you'd want Fellaini deeper I think. We exploited United's shaky defence with that tactical bombardment but I'd really rather have an Osman type there for teams that will look to defend against us.

Fellaini regularly covers the most ground out of any of our players though, so he will make a mark in areas beyond his 'on paper' position.

Cut your cloth accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.