Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure I didn't compare our wealth to Man City. Believe me, I know as much as anybody how much the Al Nahyan family have as I have regular dealings with them. My point was how great it is that we're going about our business quietly and with real purpose for the first time in many years. No more "watch this space."

100%.
Not you mate. Just in general. We aren't ruling the football world with Moshiri alone. I'm excited having him here as much as anybody, but we need to be realistic as a fanbase.

Large pinch of salt...

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/comment/talkingpoints/33018.html

The Blue-Brick Road...
by Lee Whitehead | 08/07/2016
bubble_sm.gif
31 Comments [Jump to last]
Well, guys and girls, here goes!

I just spent 30 mins in the company of an "Insider" through a business colleague neither of whom I will name. But, by the nature of who they are, I am repeating what I have been told this afternoon:

1) Farhad bought 49.9% for a reason (see #2)
2) Usmanov will be installed with 50.1%
3) David Dein will be voted onto the Everton Board of Directors
4) New stadium WILL be on the docks (Talks with Peel Holdings are ongoing) including a massive retail, residential & commercial centre.
5) The new owners WILL make Everton FC into a global brand

Items 2 & 3 will happen in November/December of this year!

Well, that's it!!!!!

I'm going for a beer or two...
The best ITK from another forum said Usmanov would be taking control of the club by the end of the year...

Fathead has a deal in place to take his share holdings to 75%, sort of debunks that theory of Usmanov.
Right, at the very least this 'source' is oversimplifying.

As has been stated many times, it's not known where 100% of our shares are, either. Some are lost, and as such wouldn't it be impossible for 50.1% to be hoovered up by Leon Usman over there.

Large pinch of salt...

The Blue-Brick Road...
bubble_sm.gif

I just spent 30 mins in the company of an "Insider" through a business colleague neither of whom I will name. But, by the nature of who they are, I am repeating what I have been told this afternoon:

4) New stadium WILL be on the docks (Talks with Peel Holdings are ongoing) including a massive retail, residential & commercial centre.

Well, that's it!!!!!

Would be great if it could happen, but very unlikely. @The Esk has spoken in great detail previously, as to why usmanov buying into Everton being unlikely. I'd take usmanov buying into Everton with a pinch of salt, however the involvement of dein, waterfront stadium and development of the 'brand' all seem very plausible to me.

Large pinch of salt...

The Blue-Brick Road...
bubble_sm.gif

Well, that's it!!!!!

Fingers crossed!

Just to point out that esk has never once said he has heard anythign either way (i believe) from any source regarding this and everyting he has said about Usmanov is entirely HIS opinion

If Usmanov did arrive it wouldn't matter or effect Moshiri buying the 75% threshold anyway, Moshiri would not be going and buying the remaining 50.1% as that would be impossible to do.

Moshiri would simply increase his shares to 75% per agreement, his shares are held i believe in the company BHH, then Usmanov simply buys a share of that company and becomes the defacto co-owner

No, I am not convinced of that theory at all.
But this is where I struggle to understand how we will be funded enough to become a 'big player' again @The Esk? If he is worth approx £1.9 billion and pays (for example) £150m for shares and pumps in another £150m to cover the debt and fund transfers this summer, that's already more than 15% of his worth - not to mention the new stadium. Surely that can't be kept up for long, particularly as most of his wealth will likely be tied up in assets?

But this is where I struggle to understand how we will be funded enough to become a 'big player' again @The Esk? If he is worth approx £1.9 billion and pays (for example) £150m for shares and pumps in another £150m to cover the debt and fund transfers this summer, that's already more than 15% of his worth - not to mention the new stadium. Surely that can't be kept up for long, particularly as most of his wealth will likely be tied up in assets?
It's not possible mate.

My best mate is an Arsenal fan and quite ITK down there at the Emirates, and even though he hates Kroenke being in charge, he also told me he is really glad that Usmanov never got a majority of the club. I think Moshiri will be fantastic for the club, he is the business brain behind Usmanov earning his billions anyway, and he'll do wonders for Everton. My Arsenal mate is quite sorry that he's gone.
If Usmanov wants to be a silent shareholder and pump a billion or so into the club, great. But that's not his style, so I hear; he'd want to meddle and make a mess like Portsmouth's Russian, Hull's Egyptian and Forest's owners do.
Our Farhad probably doesn't want that anyway. This is his project and he's already making a big impact, I say let him go with it, buy up the rest of the shares (or up to 75% at least) and trust him to change us wholesale and get us back to being the club we always were.