Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
What's the minimum shareholding required to "force" the remaining shareholders to sell their shares?

There's no way Usmanov could buy 50.1% of shares, because we still have a large amount of small shareholders to buy from, who may well be unwilling to sell / would take a lot of time. IF it were ever to happen, it would surely take Moshiri to buy the required amount of shares he holds the option for, try then to buy the extra to take over the remaining, and then sell them to Usmanov?

Suppose they could run a similar operation to arsenal, where they both part owned the parent company that owned the shares? I don't think it will happen anyway, looks like we're Moshiri's trainset now.

Finances are confusing after a couple of bevvies.

90% mate.

And we're at (through a very brief google) approx. 16% small shareholders, making it a bit of a nightmare for anyone to acquire the whole club?

But then if it was just Moshiri he'd probably be reasonably content to sit at 76% and slowly work towards the rest over time...

Large pinch of salt...

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/comment/talkingpoints/33018.html

The Blue-Brick Road...
by Lee Whitehead | 08/07/2016
bubble_sm.gif
31 Comments [Jump to last]
Well, guys and girls, here goes!

I just spent 30 mins in the company of an "Insider" through a business colleague neither of whom I will name. But, by the nature of who they are, I am repeating what I have been told this afternoon:

1) Farhad bought 49.9% for a reason (see #2)
2) Usmanov will be installed with 50.1%
3) David Dein will be voted onto the Everton Board of Directors
4) New stadium WILL be on the docks (Talks with Peel Holdings are ongoing) including a massive retail, residential & commercial centre.
5) The new owners WILL make Everton FC into a global brand

Items 2 & 3 will happen in November/December of this year!

Well, that's it!!!!!

I'm going for a beer or two...

I really hope so

Large pinch of salt...

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/comment/talkingpoints/33018.html

The Blue-Brick Road...
by Lee Whitehead | 08/07/2016
bubble_sm.gif
31 Comments [Jump to last]
Well, guys and girls, here goes!

I just spent 30 mins in the company of an "Insider" through a business colleague neither of whom I will name. But, by the nature of who they are, I am repeating what I have been told this afternoon:

1) Farhad bought 49.9% for a reason (see #2)
2) Usmanov will be installed with 50.1%
3) David Dein will be voted onto the Everton Board of Directors
4) New stadium WILL be on the docks (Talks with Peel Holdings are ongoing) including a massive retail, residential & commercial centre.
5) The new owners WILL make Everton FC into a global brand

Items 2 & 3 will happen in November/December of this year!

Well, that's it!!!!!

I'm going for a beer or two...
Lovely if true but I will remain skeptical of points 1-3 for the time being.

WRD1878 appears to know his stuff, and he's convinced it's gonna happen with Usmanov, Esk however is convinced it won't, best just to wait and see I suppose

I like how our new overlord is not a massive media whore.
Think back to when the Man City takeover happened. They had a massive clown always gobbing off, Suleiman Al Fahim. "Cristiano Ronaldo wants to play for the biggest club in the world, let's see if he's serious" and other such toss. It took less than 2 months before he was slowly pulled away from the front of the stage, before being booted out the back door very soon after that by Mansour.
Shortly after that he ended up at Portsmouth and was an absolute disaster.
It was a bit of a tangent, but I'm delighted Moshiri is in the background, and HIS mouthpiece (the Russian chap) is very measured and talks with confidence, not arrogance.

Think back to when the Man City takeover happened. They had a massive clown always gobbing off, Suleiman Al Fahim. "Cristiano Ronaldo wants to play for the biggest club in the world, let's see if he's serious" and other such toss. It took less than 2 months before he was slowly pulled away from the front of the stage, before being booted out the back door very soon after that by Mansour.
Shortly after that he ended up at Portsmouth and was an absolute disaster.
It was a bit of a tangent, but I'm delighted Moshiri is in the background, and HIS mouthpiece (the Russian chap) is very measured and talks with confidence, not arrogance.
We are not in Manchester City's league in wealth. Heck we don't have the wealth to compete with most top teams.
Let's all be a bit realistic here.
Anyone at the club would look incredibly foolish saying anything in the media.

We are not in Manchester City's league in wealth. Heck we don't have the wealth to compete with most top teams.
For us to now have that vision for the future is remarkable considering were we where 6-8 months ago.
Great Times ahead!!

I'm pretty sure I didn't compare our wealth to Man City. Believe me, I know as much as anybody how much the Al Nahyan family have as I have regular dealings with them. My point was how great it is that we're going about our business quietly and with real purpose for the first time in many years. No more "watch this space."

For us to now have that vision for the future is remarkable considering were we where 6-8 months ago.
Great Times ahead!!

100%.