Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
They could, it's an incredibly murky issue that UEFA would undoubtedly lose if they went to court over it.

On a lower level to oil states, the Red Bull Clubs are all owned by the same entity.

People will only whine if they meet in Europe, and as I say I doubt UEFA have the stomach for it.

Think with the RB Leipzig / Salzburg they are "managed" by two separate entites of Red Bull.

Obviously it's corrupt and could happen I suppose but think their would be more loopholes to jump through if it were a big named PL club like an Everton being bought by uber rich owners of an already doped up club like PSG.

I always thought Qatar bought PSG to help push for the WC - once this is over be interesting to see if they lose interest.

I'll be shocked if they bought another club personally same as Saudi - you only need one club to do your sportswashing.

Think with the RB Leipzig / Salzburg they are "managed" by two separate entites of Red Bull.

Obviously it's corrupt and could happen I suppose but think their would be more loopholes to jump through if it were a big named PL club like an Everton being bought by uber rich owners of an already doped up club like PSG.

I always thought Qatar bought PSG to help push for the WC - once this is over be interesting to see if they lose interest.

I'll be shocked if they bought another club personally same as Saudi - you only need one club to do your sportswashing.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Qatar (state or private) wanted a premier league team.

Not much fun winning the French league 95% of the time and paying massive wages whilst there's relatively little status attached.

Rest of the world probably ranks League 1 below Serie A. (so..... 4th)

As for Red Bull having seperate entities, that's great. But as City have already proved they have far better lawyers than UEFA. I'd wager Qatar can hire a team just as good if needed.

We heamorage money mate, it’s quite ridiculous. The above is also in addition to shareholder loans.

The club is so dependent anything but and we are in trouble, Leeds trouble. Costs I believe are coming down but it’s a multi year project.

It’s interesting from a political point of view depending on what you believe, if you believe Usminov is pulling the strings, from the British governments perspective, you have an oligarch funding a huge peice of iconic infrastructure for an English institution and in regenerating a major English City, do you turn a blind eye or do you pick up the hammer…..or do you just keep going along with the Moshiri pre-tense - why cut your nose off to spite your face. Given the above it’s also interesting how we also got away with a significant breach in FFP last season to my mind, suspicious isn’t it, we only ever scratch the surface in how deep this could all go.
....well, as you know, the political running on Everton and Russia was made by Starmer's LP. If they see an opportunity to wrong-foot the Tories and their proclivity to turn a blind eye to dodgy investment from that source then that could still be a factor at play.

:(

Looks like clickbait, and honestly cant see either selling to Saudi, Saudi being interested, and it being allowed after Newcastle. Aside from that though, probably a goer.

RS will get a yank hedge fund or a prudent investor, no idea on United.

Looks like clickbait, and honestly cant see either selling to Saudi, Saudi being interested, and it being allowed after Newcastle. Aside from that though, probably a goer.

RS will get a yank hedge fund or a prudent investor, no idea on United.
I said last year there's absolutely no point a private company from Saudi Arabia investing in a premier league team.

There's no way they'd seriously challenge a state owned team.

I've been in the region for over half of my life and the ammount of forelock tugging towards the leadership makes our own flag waving loons outside Buckingham Palace look relatively sane.

Saudi. Gone
UAE. Gone (I doubt even Dubai would bother with a serious rival to Abu Dhabi)
Oman. They're not bothered.
Bahrain. The only place that hinted a revolution a few years ago. The rulers wouldn't risk a vanity project.

Qatar. Possible. They have the UEFA regs to dance around with regard to owning a PL team and PSG but they can definitely afford far better lawyers than UEFA.

I would actually enjoy our loveable neighbours being talked up by an Oil State.

The righteousness gymnastics they'd be doing on RAWK would be incredible to delve into from time to time.
They could be owned by Jospeh Fritzel and you wouldn't ever hear a peep about it from the RS-owned media. We all know what happens to anyone who doesn't tow their line or spout the accepted narrative the perpetually offended red mob demands.

People used to say that Moshiri's investment was somehow linked to the wider regeneration plans for Liverpool Waters. With his Russian links, I imagine such plans, if they ever existed, are no longer on the table. However, could this still be an attraction to any new investor? To what extent, if any, could the planned regeneration of the area around the new stadium be an attraction to someone that wanted to buy Everton and take over from Moshiri?

People used to say that Moshiri's investment was somehow linked to the wider regeneration plans for Liverpool Waters. With his Russian links, I imagine such plans, if they ever existed, are no longer on the table. However, could this still be an attraction to any new investor? To what extent, if any, could the planned regeneration of the area around the new stadium be an attraction to someone that wanted to buy Everton and take over from Moshiri?
If somebody was to come in, get in bed with Peel, they could print money on that waterfront.

Also, the Wirral has some major investment ongoing currently, theres is massive scope in this region, if done correctly.

I said last year there's absolutely no point a private company from Saudi Arabia investing in a premier league team.

There's no way they'd seriously challenge a state owned team.

I've been in the region for over half of my life and the ammount of forelock tugging towards the leadership makes our own flag waving loons outside Buckingham Palace look relatively sane.

Saudi. Gone
UAE. Gone (I doubt even Dubai would bother with a serious rival to Abu Dhabi)
Oman. They're not bothered.
Bahrain. The only place that hinted a revolution a few years ago. The rulers wouldn't risk a vanity project.

Qatar. Possible. They have the UEFA regs to dance around with regard to owning a PL team and PSG but they can definitely afford far better lawyers than UEFA.
What about a Kuwait owned club? Are they wealthy?

I would actually enjoy our loveable neighbours being talked up by an Oil State.

The righteousness gymnastics they'd be doing on RAWK would be incredible to delve into from time to time.
They would be very quick to overcome any moral concerns, not only that, they'd be defending them at every opportunity.

Throw in some community development project and they could do whatever they like at home.

5 years ago today Farhad appointed this man as our manager

NINTCHDBPICT000370145948-e1543520757628.jpg

He then shamefully sacked him for no logical reason after he did well for us.

Five years later were are in the second relegation battle fighting for survival.

Since we let Sam go no manager has finished higher then the 8th place he earned for us.

We haven't made a good managerial appointment since.

Sacking him was without question the stupidest thing Everton have done for many years and a reflection of what a terrible owner we have.