Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters

Surely a conflict of interest though? What happens if we both got oot the group stages ?
Uefa Article 5 - Integrity of the competition

5.01 To ensure the integrity of the Uefa club competitions, the following criteria apply:

a. no club participating in a Uefa club competition may, either directly or indirectly:

i. hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a Uefa club competition,

ii. be a member of any other club participating in a Uefa club competition,

iii. be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a Uefa club competition, or

iv. have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a Uefa club competition;

b. no-one may simultaneously be involved, either directly or indirectly, in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of more than one club participating in a Uefa club competition;

c. no individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a Uefa club competition, such control or influence being defined in this context as:

i. holding a majority of the shareholders' voting rights;

ii. having the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of the club;

iii. being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders' voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club; or

iv. being able to exercise by any means a decisive influence in the decision-making of the club.

We wouldnt be allowed to enter, unless they changed the ownership, like Redbull did.

My understanding was that a lot of these 'loans' had been turned into equity by Moshiri, meaning that the actual debt on the club is reduced, but Moshiri just gets a bigger slice of the pie when the club is sold. Is this not the case?

The club technically still owe him £150 mill in shareholder loans after that debt to equity swap in Jan, what he does with that is at his discretion.

As much as I hate to say it, I want it to be called the Qatar Airways Stadium, shirt sponsor Qatar Airways and Finch Farm renamed to Qatar Farm, and Everton sold to the Royal Family of Qatar.

It's our only hope. Qatar or Dubai remain clubless in the Premier League so far, but with Liverpool and United up for sale we will probably lose our chance.

That ship has sailed, Qatar bought PSG and agreed a massive trade deal with France and bought a fleet of planes of them too after a deal done with Sarkozy, Platini and the Qatari bid team for the World Cup bid. The payoff was Platini backing the bid and canvassing Uefa countries (who he was head off at the time) for their votes.

That's how murky this gets.

:(

Clickbait article to drum up a wankathon from their respective glory Hunting hordes.

That Saudi bloke cant exactly answer no he'll chop heeds off of any Saudi wanting to buy into another football club.