Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
We're on the hook for a number of shareholder loans to Moshiri whether they ever get called in or not is debatable and we also have £120 mill line of credit with Rights and Media Funding, last accounts, we had used £100 mill of that secured against fixed assets and PL TV money. Jungle drums are we went deeper into it this summer. We also used a CLBILS (Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme) facility of £30 million with Metro bank to tide us over during the pandemic as well.

It's a staggering outlay.

Who knows what this feller has been told by the British state though? When the Ukrainian War kicked off they placed enormous pressure on Abramovic to sell Chelsea, and Everton were in the cross hairs too. The club immediately cut links to Usmanov to pacify them, but Moshiri has been a ghostly figure ever since too, and his connections to Russian capital were there. I'm sure he'll be left to get a sale together in a more relaxed fashion than the Chelsea sale, but I doubt he'll be able to play this out at his own leisure and he'll have to get real about what he wants back on his (and Usmanov's) outlay.

It's a staggering outlay.

Who knows what this feller has been told by the British state though? When the Ukrainian War kicked off they placed enormous pressure on Abramovic to sell Chelsea, and Everton were in the cross hairs too. The club immediately cut links to Usmanov to pacify them, but Moshiri has been a ghostly figure ever since too, and his connections to Russian capital were there. I'm sure he'll be left to get a sale together in a more relaxed fashion than the Chelsea sale, but I doubt he'll be able to play this out at his own leisure and he'll have to get real about what he wants back on his (and Usmanov's) outlay.

We heamorage money mate, it’s quite ridiculous. The above is also in addition to shareholder loans.

The club is so dependent anything but and we are in trouble, Leeds trouble. Costs I believe are coming down but it’s a multi year project.

It’s interesting from a political point of view depending on what you believe, if you believe Usminov is pulling the strings, from the British governments perspective, you have an oligarch funding a huge peice of iconic infrastructure for an English institution and in regenerating a major English City, do you turn a blind eye or do you pick up the hammer…..or do you just keep going along with the Moshiri pre-tense - why cut your nose off to spite your face. Given the above it’s also interesting how we also got away with a significant breach in FFP last season to my mind, suspicious isn’t it, we only ever scratch the surface in how deep this could all go.

Last edited:

It does include some stadium money.

I looked back at our published accounts, totted up all the "Major shareholder loans" we had and added the purchase price.
My understanding was that a lot of these 'loans' had been turned into equity by Moshiri, meaning that the actual debt on the club is reduced, but Moshiri just gets a bigger slice of the pie when the club is sold. Is this not the case?

My understanding was that a lot of these 'loans' had been turned into equity by Moshiri, meaning that the actual debt on the club is reduced, but Moshiri just gets a bigger slice of the pie when the club is sold. Is this not the case?

It is the case yeah, remember when people thought that meant he was putting in £100m to buy us a boss number 10 LOL

A new owner that would oversee completion of the stadium, do a boardroom and exec clear out, and run us prudently.

Anything else would be a bonus. I don't think we have a chance of attracting big oil or other sort of investment, but that doesn't mean the business cannot grow.

As long as it's not leveraged investment.
As much as I hate to say it, I want it to be called the Qatar Airways Stadium, shirt sponsor Qatar Airways and Finch Farm renamed to Qatar Farm, and Everton sold to the Royal Family of Qatar.

It's our only hope. Qatar or Dubai remain clubless in the Premier League so far, but with Liverpool and United up for sale we will probably lose our chance.

As much as I hate to say it, I want it to be called the Qatar Airways Stadium, shirt sponsor Qatar Airways and Finch Farm renamed to Qatar Farm, and Everton sold to the Royal Family of Qatar.

It's our only hope. Qatar or Dubai remain clubless in the Premier League so far, but with Liverpool and United up for sale we will probably lose our chance.
Yeah, we need it, and nobody can moan, we were happy to take Usmanov money, we've already sold our soul, the whole sport has.

Qatar are currently balls deep in Sports Washing.

Dont think Qatar can buy into the Prem unless they sold PSG.

Kuwait and Dubai may still want to own a shiny PL club.