Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
I know when someone's pissing down me kecks and telling me its raining. The equity is debt. Simple as that. Everton owe that money. Moshiri has the club over a barrel.

I know you see this feller Moshiri as a Father Christmas type of owner, but if / when this stadium scheme fails to materialise you'll soon see his true colours...at which point you'll be nowhere to be seen in this thread.
So now it's equity. Cool. Just checking.

I have on opinion on Moshiri, I just know how businessmen operate and can read a financial statement. You don't.

Do you know what figures we are looking at with regards to losses?

Doesn't the date in which the calculation is made make a massive difference?

If the calculation is made the day before a 120 million pound Sky cheque arrives, then our losses will look awful. If the calculation is made the day after we receive 120 million from Sky, then the losses will be a fraction in comparison to the figure reported the day before?
That's not how revenue works.

Significantly it’s the first indication that we look to realize a value on the Goodison site and may develop it commercially and for residential use, with some amenities thrown in.

Significantly she said the value would be 100mill, obviously we won’t be giving gaffs away and could be a significant part of a funding model for BDM, could also be why the club are still meeting the council, despite their funding model long being shelved for BMD.

It’s been done before

If only we had a shareholder with some experience of this.

Obviously we wouldn’t generate the sums they realised in islington.

Last edited:

Any one else notice the quotes by DBB today, massively significant in my opinion.

"What fans can expect to see is mixture of health, residential, educational and wellbeing [to the] value of around £100m in development living on in heartland of Goodison Park."
You got a link mate?

A plot of land in the middle of Walton isnt ever gonna be worth 100m.

I'm inclined to agree.

Even if we developed the site ourselves, £100m would be equivalent to 500 £200,000 flats. Both the number of units and the average value would be pretty optimistic for the site.

Profit margins aren't enourmous in residential developments either, certainly at the end of the market a Walton Lane site would likely justify, unless something dramatic happens to the area in the next 5 years.

Whichever way you cut it, it's difficult to see this being material to the funding of BMD.

But she has nonetheless said it and clearly a lot of time and effort is being put into creating something fitting. It will be interesting to see what emerges

I'm inclined to agree.

Even if we developed the site ourselves, £100m would be equivalent to 500 £200,000 flats. Both the number of units and the average value would be pretty optimistic for the site.

Profit margins aren't enourmous in residential developments either, certainly at the end of the market a Walton Lane site would likely justify, unless something dramatic happens to the area in the next 5 years.

Whichever way you cut it, it's difficult to see this being material to the funding of BMD.

But she has nonetheless said it and clearly a lot of time and effort is being put into creating something fitting. It will be interesting to see what emerges

Yeah we certainly aint making 100m.

What I suspect is that once we have built for example a health centre, maybe a school and a flat, it will be "worth" 100m to the local community or something.

So now it's equity. Cool. Just checking.

I have on opinion on Moshiri, I just know how businessmen operate and can read a financial statement. You don't.
Well you fell at the first fence there - seeing as Moshiri isn't a businessman.

And I'm happy for you to be able to read a financial statement and not see the wood for the trees. We have our largest ever debt in the club's history. We have a terrible commercial department that offers no scope to significantly reduce that debt; we have a majority owner looking to add another minimum of half a billion pound sterling to the £350M debt the club already carries in order to add value to his investment here.

You *know* how businessmen work, I know how carpet baggers work. You have a cavalier approach to debt and the long term security of Everton; I have a cautious approach that senses danger from an outsider looking to make a massive profit from Everton by stretching the club's ability to stay sovent in any unforseen event...Maybe that's because I support just Everton and dont have the Pittsburgh Steelers to fall back on?

I mean Arsenal made 30m for selling 90 apartments in London town, but that was 9 years ago.

I cant see the value increasing 3 fold in 9 years, in Walton.

Personally I suspect Denise is chatting utter wham.
No change there then.

She's a chugger. Just that. Should be nowhere near a PL boardoom. She is there though, and that's because Moshiri continues his backseat driving act and wants a pliant novice to keep their mouths shut.

No change there then.

She's a chugger. Just that. Should be nowhere near a PL boardoom. She is there though, and that's because Moshiri continues his backseat driving act and wants a pliant novice to keep their mouths shut.

Shes just a glorified secretary, she has no say in how the business is ran.