Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Looks like Talksport have pulled the Barton claims from their website presumably after contact from EFC. Here's what he said, "I think Koeman was trying to get in another striker, and if it had been down to him he would have. They wanted and identified targets to try to bring in," Barton said on talkSPORT.
"I think the issue was Kenwright, from what I gather. He's still the custodian in terms of being chairman. Koeman and [Farhad] Moshiri thought they would have money to spend but Kenwright was wanting to watch the budget, and didn't want to over-spend."
Barton seems to be trying to make a name for himself as a pundit and I highly doubt he has any inside info on EFC any more than any 'itk' on here or twitter but if there's any truth to what he said it shows that we're still largely funding our buys with sales. As if that wasn't obvious anyway.

Ah, is that what happened?

Several times I clicked on the link only to get a "Bad Gateway" message.

Was iisted as a PSC on 2016 confirmation statement.
Until the docs are available to view, don't know the significance if any.
IoM still showing the charges outstanding for the share agreement, but most stuff is paper filed there, and they are only up to the 23rd August.
Soz - no help whatsover.
Any chance you can keep an eye on this and keep us informed when the documents are processed
A lot of us here ( well me really , just don't fancy being stupid on my own ) haven't much of an idea on these matters

Means nothing. A Person with significant control is someone with only 25% shares, 25% voting rights, can appoint directors.

Actually not sure why he wasn't a PSC to start with. Something tells me the shares were held under blue haven holdings so presumably all this means is the shares are now in his name, or he's became the beneficial owner of BHH.

Can't really say it means nothing yet, even if its not an acquisition of more shares, there could be an interesting reason for why he's chosen to do this now...

Wasn't moshiri share option linked to stadium developments too??

Maybe he's had positive news on planning permission and we are ready to move forward with it, hence the share option being exercised.
All speculation to be fair about the options and the terms and nothing to suggest that the options have been exercised depending on what the PSC doc shows when publicly visible.

What I will say is a quick call to Companies House gives us the probable reason - they changed things a couple of months back so Confirmation Statements and PSC statements are now filed seperately.

Probably, almost definitely nothing to see here.

Soz abar me lads

@Brisan123 @Duncan Disordely @Groucho @ToffeeTim et al

Last edited:

All speculation to be fair about the options and the terms and nothing to suggest that the options have been exercised depending on what the PSC doc shows when publicly visible.

What I will say is a quick call to Companies House gives us the probable reason - they changed things a couple of months back so Confirmation Statements and PSC statements are now filed seperately.

Probably, almost definitely nothing to see here.

Soz abar me lads

@Brisan123 @Duncan Disordely @Groucho @ToffeeTim et al

Yep I agree. I don't think there's anything interesting here at all.

EFC have just effectively released a statement as an Echo article confirming Moshiri's share holding remains exactly the same and strongly refuting Barton's claim that BK blocked the aquisition of a striker for financial reasons.

Here's an excerpt, Moshiri has not secured more shares in Everton Football Club.

A screenshot of a listing at Companies House today sparked speculation when it referred to the Everton majority shareholder as "a person with significant control on September 11”.

Mosh.jpg

Companies House statement
But Everton officials say that Mr Moshiri is NOT securing more shares and that the situation regarding the club’s shareholding remains exactly the same.

I asked watched toffee if there was anything in Barton's claims he said plenty. Whatever the case Bill needs replacing in any transfer dealings in my view make him honorary chairmen but keep him away from negotiating please!!!

EFC have just effectively released a statement as an Echo article confirming Moshiri's share holding remains exactly the same and strongly refuting Barton's claim that BK blocked the aquisition of a striker for financial reasons.

Here's an excerpt, Moshiri has not secured more shares in Everton Football Club.

A screenshot of a listing at Companies House today sparked speculation when it referred to the Everton majority shareholder as "a person with significant control on September 11”.

Mosh.jpg

Companies House statement
But Everton officials say that Mr Moshiri is NOT securing more shares and that the situation regarding the club’s shareholding remains exactly the same.
So GOT beat the Echo by about 40 mins on the non share acquisition story;)