Homepage Update: Farhad Moshiri: Ronald Koeman Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Farhad Moshiri: Ronald Koeman Statement
moshirikoeman-1024x461.jpg

Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has released a statement insisting Ronald Koeman has his total support.

Farhad Moshiri: "We are in a bad moment but we have played 4 title contenders, 3 away from home.

Today [Burnley] was the only unexpected loss. The 4 pre-qualifying UEFA games and 2 group games on Thursdays haven't helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and 7 injuries.

These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down"

Last edited:
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Farhad Moshiri: Ronald Koeman Statement
moshirikoeman-1024x461.jpg

Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has released a statement insisting Ronald Koeman has his total support.

Farhad Moshiri: "We are in a bad moment but we have played 4 title contenders, 3 away from home.

Today [Burnley] was the only unexpected loss. The 4 pre-qualifying UEFA games and 2 group games on Thursdays haven't helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and 7 injuries.

These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down"

Kiss of death, bye Ron.

Maybe it was lost in translation but it's not a good thing to say either way.

The last sentence as @davek says does sound like he understands that decisions will need to be made or have been made when it gets to the crunch. Which personally I think we're already at.

We're a laughing stock right now though....

Maybe it was lost in translation but it's not a good thing to say either way.

The last sentence as @davek says does sound like he understands that decisions will need to be made or have been made when it gets to the crunch. Which personally I think we're already at.

We're a laughing stock right now though....

Azza mate

We aren't a laughing stock.

It has to be my most hated phrase in football.

Paddy Power takes the mick out of every club/player/manager. Don't let it upset you.

What's a shambles is the performances.

But, as @Thomasc said in the other thread, Koeman's being backed.

There's no point losing sleep over it. He's going to be here come Brighton so let's see if he turns it around.

The last sentence is weird, it contradicts the rest of the statement.

If he knows the 'honest and objective expectations of the fans' then surely he'll know that the current situation is simply nowhere near good enough. Him ending on 'will not let them down' is also a very cut-and-dry statement, suggests that whatever happens either way he's prepared to make big calls.

The dreaded vote of confidence.......

The fact that he needs to come out and make a statement about it is telling, albeit that is likely to be missed by those who'll be fuming for suggesting that him being pragmatic about the losses at the likes of United and Chelsea, is a cardinal sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.