Homepage Update: [FAN OPINION] What we learnt from City away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no pace in the team. We aregoing to suffer against pacey sides. Looked at the RS tonight and Mane, Salah, ad nauseum will run us ragged

We'd have won that game at City had we shown some balls, knocked the ball around with our man advantage and countered for another goal. Instead we decided to thump it clear and invite wave after wave of of attacks by City.

It was a case of ' we have an extra man, we'll defend for 45 minutes, we'll take the 1 nil '. For me that's shocking management.

Our lesson going forward simply has to be to keep playing to your strengths and be consistent with the togger. We were never comfortable at 1-0 and we clearly needed a 2nd. I believe we certainly could of got that had we shown some balls with City down to 10. Stop inviting teams to attack us.

There is no pace in the team. We aregoing to suffer against pacey sides. Looked at the RS tonight and Mane, Salah, ad nauseum will run us ragged
Hoffenheim qualified for the Champions League by finishing 4th last year, this is the highest position that they have achieved in
their 117 year history, The weakest team left in the comp now is FK Qarabag, what's the betting on the RS getting them in their group.
Don't be worrying about 'Saddo Mane' there's a few of you thought John Stones was a world beater, until he played against proper teams.

We learnt that sometimes when you make what you think are decisive substitutions to try control a game they don't pay off. We also learnt that a Man City side with so much attacking talent can still dominate, even with ten men. We saw that playing a young Centre Forward in his natural position can showcase his true talents. We also saw that we are making progress, but players still need to learn each others game.

Yes I would have taken a point before the game. But our performance against a 10 man team was depressing . In fact for the second half it seemed like city had an extra man not one less. The fact we got dominated by a 10 man top 4 team shows how weak we are relatively.

Last edited:
I think we just confirmed what we already knew.

That most people on this forum haven't got a frigging clue about football.

And yes, I'm first on the list.
You are a poster whose posts I value. There is no doubt, absolutely no doubt, that most contributors to this forum's 'serious/analytical' threads , have zero clue about much to do with football.
At least you, me, and some others can have a laugh at our evident shortfalls: some on here reckon they're clued up...

...they're totally not lol lol

I think we learned that a team whose wage bill is probably five times our own, spent over £200m this summer and it barely raised an eyebrow, can out play us but not beat us on their own patch. Our organisation kept them in check for much of the game and DCL and Rooney kept them on their toes until Rooney understandably started to tire.

We are a team undergoing a lot of change and in need of a few more options up front and a bit of balance on the left, but we are in better shape than many of you are giving us credit for. A couple more in and a few back from injury (Seamus) and I think all but the very top teams will struggle against us.

Yes I would have taken a point before the game. But our performance against a 10 man team was depressing . In fact for the second half it seemed like city had an extra man not one less. The fact we got dominated by a 10 man top 4 team shows how weak we are relatively.

ignoring the fact we spanked them 4-0 last season on our turf, it felt like we were very strong that day and have improved since. Aint many teams this season that will take anything away from the Etihad, 10 men or not but we did

You are a poster whose posts I value. There is no doubt, absolutely no doubt, that most contributors to this forum's 'serious/analytical' threads , have zero clue about much to do with football.
At least you, me, and some others can have a laugh at our evident shortfalls: some on here reckon they're clued up...

...they're totally not lol lol

If it was so easy, we'd all be applying for management jobs. Most in here couldn't manage a McDonalds restau........erm food place.

Status
Not open for further replies.