2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really understood the Delph purchase. Wasn't particularly cheap and all he seems to have brought is faux PASHUN LADZ, sideways passing and a poor injury record.

I understand it was a play to bring in an experienced head who could see out games but he's not on the same planet as Gareth Barry and doesn't really bring us anything the younger players don't have. I think it was a gamble that hasn't paid off and throws more money into the goodison money incinerator.

At present do we have a single player that is performing consistently well week after week ?

Picking out individual players who are not doing well is pointless, it is a team game and when the team is going well then players will do well, when the team struggles then players struggle.

It is the managers job at every club to get the team playing well, the consequences of not doing so is dismissal.

Everton are being very restrained in their treatment of our manager, given the expectations at the club I think he would have been sacked by now at other clubs.

Fabian Delph receives the ball. He looks up and sees three players are making good runs in front of him, he looks around. He’s under no pressure. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in. The words of his mentor Pep speak in a soft Catalonian accent in his ears “express yourself Fabian, express yourself my child. He opens his eyes, the players are still running. He chooses to turn 180°, he turns another 90° one way and then the other, he Cruyff turns thin air the opposition are still nowhere near him. He wraps his left foot around the ball and plays a pinpoint lobbed pass to Coleman 5 yards to the side and slightly behind him. Coleman shins the ball out of play, Delph calls him a knobhead, balance is restored.

I don’t think him and Gomes work. Davies should be partnering one of them in the team. Davies looks to take us forward, them two look to take us back too often

Not a fan of him at all. Not an upgrade on Schneiderlen, in fact I rate him more. Coward on the ball, makes the easy pass too often and when he makes a long ball it's a floated ball that either doesn't make the player or gets cut out. Plus he doesn't even protect the defence as well as I thought, he's certainly no Gareth Barry. Would much rather Davies play.

20 years ago, a guy called Claude makelele signed for Chelsea and centre mids changed forever. Some thought it was ok for a midfielder to just get the ball and pass it a few yards and that’s it. Makelele was obviously a key cog in the defensive unit as have others been in that role. Unfortunately though there are others who aren’t that defensive yet still think they’re playing that role. As a centre mid now, you’re either an attacking one or a defensive one. Give me a box to box anyway a la Keane, vieira and dare I say it, Gerrard. It’s a role which is being slowly killed off unfortunately.....
The centre mid did a bit of everything, tackle, create, drive and score.
Delph is one of those who seems to just do....nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.