Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne's started following Delph on Instagram. I'd imagine this will be made official shortly.

Matter of time you'd imagine

Screenshot_20190715-125755_Instagram.jpg

He'd be an improvement over Schneiderlin though, so arguably we'd be better off with him.
Arguably. We really need to be looking to get a palyer in who's better than one who had a few decent games for Villa before they went down.

7 goals in the top flight in 10 years. Not exactly whetting my appetite.

It feels like a plate spinning signing to me.

He's most certainly a great deal better than our current fringe midfielders.

He can also cover left back so allays the fears of Baines stepping in for the season if Digne breaks his leg in the third game.
I should be sold on that alone, but I'm afraid I'm still underwhelmed.

Arguably. We really need to be looking to get a palyer in who's better than one who had a few decent games for Villa before they went down.

7 goals in the top flight in 10 years. Not exactly whetting my appetite.

It feels like a plate spinning signing to me.
I mean he's a left back/defensive midfielder, not a goalscorer mate.

I agree with most things you say mate but

if he's played for City
played a prominent role for City
won titles with City

how can he be way off being a City-level player?
Sadly I dont think he's been any of those things.

The quality of the CMF they've had while he's been here makes it difficult to fall below solid standard. In our midfield he'll need to do a lot more and take a lot more responsibility on.

It's a pity. We have a nice blend in there atm with Gueye and Gomes (maybe we need a creative option as well, like, but that isn't Delph).

Sadly I dont think he's been any of those things.

The quality of the CMF they've had while he's been here makes it difficult to fall below solid standard. In our midfield he'll need to do a lot more and take a lot more responsibility on.

It's a pity. We have a nice blend in there atm with Gueye and Gomes (maybe we need a creative option as well, like, but that isn't Delph).

I'm actually kind of shocked you like Gana

He's the antithesis of a "Davek Player"

Status
Not open for further replies.