Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying the top 6 wouldn't sign him when City, the best club in the country this decade, signed him as a utility squad player exactly like we intend to. It isn't time to panic. If Gueye goes and we don't bring in another midfielder it will be time but not now.

Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin.

If those three aren't out on permanent deals before the window closes then this club is a kin joke.

I’d be very happy to spend £8m on Delph, he’s a good player and still has several years of good football left in him.

If we signed him I’d move on Schneiderlin and McCarthy. If we can keep Gueye that’ll give us Gueye, Gomes, Davis and Delph. Realistically we’d still need a fifth midfielder but that could be the opportunity for Joe Williams to see some first team football.

Anything could happen, you can’t tell me you confidently think we’re not interested in the free Danny Welbeck. We’re back to the bargain basement. A managed decline of the club. This is the position the board are satisfied with. As long as we don’t go down, Moshiri will just keep coining in the Premier League money.
And the winner of the swimming in his own wee wee competition is...

£8m for a player who would be our 3rd best midfielder and genuinely would put pressure on starters for their spot.
Sounds pretty good to me. Hardly a sexy signing but we can’t sign all kids from South America

Underwhelmed rather than bedwetting. What qualities do you see in him to improve us?

The same qualities that Pep Guardiola saw when he started him in 11 Premier League games and 6 Champions League games for the current champions of the division we finished 8th in

Delph was a great player, bags of energy, tenacious and win at all costs attitude. Honestly cant see what the issue is with this signing, we can just sign kids with potential for £20m plus all the time.

One of the lowest average ages of any starting 11 last season so the squad lacks experience which is massively important.

My only concern is his fitness and injury record. If that stays ok could be a tidy signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.