Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this could be a decent signing to be honest. It’s not super exciting, but picking up good value players like this could enable us to spend big on someone more exciting.

After a few hours of letting this monstrosity of a potential signing sink in, I’m still genuinely stunned. Are we not satisfied with wasters like Walcott at the club , we have to still add some more?

Wouldn’t surprise me, especially after this, if Welbeck joins him.

If that happens, and trust me it won't, I hope someone punts you off this place

To be fair though, at the end of the day, we’ll still owe Man City £4mill for that time they payed £12mill for Rodwell

If that happens, and trust me it won't, I hope someone punts you off this place
Anything could happen, you can’t tell me you confidently think we’re not interested in the free Danny Welbeck. We’re back to the bargain basement. A managed decline of the club. This is the position the board are satisfied with. As long as we don’t go down, Moshiri will just keep coining in the Premier League money.

Anything could happen, you can’t tell me you confidently think we’re not interested in the free Danny Welbeck. We’re back to the bargain basement. A managed decline of the club. This is the position the board are satisfied with. As long as we don’t go down, Moshiri will just keep coining in the Premier League money.
Have a word with yerself lad.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Brands and Silva aren't stupid enough to sign a player with a piss poor scoring record and an even worse injury record like Welbeck. Some bargain basement considering not 24 hours ago we were linked with a £60m deal for a highly rated forward, are looking at spending £30-40m on yet another Barca player and want to sign one of our key players from last season in another £30m deal

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Brands and Silva aren't stupid enough to sign a player with a piss poor scoring record and an even worse injury record like Welbeck. Some bargain basement considering not 24 hours ago we were linked with a £60m deal for a highly rated forward, are looking at spending £30-40m on yet another Barca player and want to sign one of our key players from last season in another £30m deal
You’re saying Brands isn’t stupid enough, yet he is about to lump £8m plus wages on Delph, who also has a terrible injury record and is a bang average player.

Some fans are far too quick to make people associated with this club into Gods. I bet you were in approval of that Martinez mural on the side of the Main Stand, weren’t you?

This signing epitomises why we continue to fail and the top six continue to grow. Never learning from our mistakes

Why?

A player of decent ability who has never relied on pace who has played at a good level his entire career, still under 30 and a leader on the pitch.

It's not an 'exciting' signing but it's a sensible squad one. I'd compare it to Gareth Barry, who loads on here moaned about too.

You’re saying Brands isn’t stupid enough, yet he is about to lump £8m plus wages on Delph, who also has a terrible injury record and is a bang average player.

Some fans are far too quick to make people associated with this club into Gods. I bet you were in approval of that Martinez mural on the side of the Main Stand, weren’t you?

No I wasn't actually, I thought that whole deal with the mural and the extended contract was highly unneeded considering that cracks were already starting to show towards the end of that 72 point season

Delph is far from bang average and hasn't had that bad an injury record, his last one was in March 2018, didn't have a single injury spell last season, compare that to Welbeck who's had 4 100+ day spells out injured in his time with Arsenal missing a total of 123 games in 5 seasons. Delph has missed just 63 games in 4 years at City, his longest spell was 126 days in September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.