Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or his first mistake, everyone makes mistakes at some point.
If he costs 8mill ,is paid no more than 30 grand p/w on 2 year deal and is not Gana’s replacement then you may be right.
Otherwise I am very much unconvinced.
If it comes about I am more than happy to be proved wrong of course.

Its a gamble like, cos not a chance hes on 30k a week, probably add a 1 at the start.

I like the boy, ive liked him a long time, but im very concerned with his recent injury record and hunger, always hunger concerns me, NO JOKES PLEASE.

8m is nothing money, 5m a year in wages, its nothing for a player of his talent, plus hes HG, which allows us to punt some of the players we KNOW arent worth retaining.

Cant say im doing cartwheels like, but I do think hes got enough about him to show his worth.

Or his first mistake, everyone makes mistakes at some point.
If he costs 8mill ,is paid no more than 30 grand p/w on 2 year deal and is not Gana’s replacement then you may be right.
Otherwise I am very much unconvinced.
If it comes about I am more than happy to be proved wrong of course.

Indeed you can forget the 8 million figure, if the rumours on wages is roughly right then it is a 27 million pound deal.

Will another club pay a 30/31 year old Delph 125k a week? I'm not sure so we got him for the full length of his contract. It is ok if he plays week in week out, not so great if he doesn't.

Makes sense as a signing, upgrade on the likes of Besic, Mcarthy etc and can also be quite handy at fullback as and when we need cover.

Not the fancy name we want but a player IMO we need at this moment in time.

When you think you're signing Pepe but you are actually signing Delph.

dsppntmnt.gif

Hopefully this will come off. Nobody is signed by Pep at City unless they have a fair degree of ability, so provided his wages are not sky high he should be an asset.

Be a very good signing for £8m this. We need leaders, and given our propensity to fall apart when we concede we need someone screaming at the others to keep their heads. Think this could be a very clever signing. It also allows us to bin off Besic, Schneiderlin and McCarthy.

After a few hours of letting this monstrosity of a potential signing sink in, I’m still genuinely stunned. Are we not satisfied with wasters like Walcott at the club , we have to still add some more?

Wouldn’t surprise me, especially after this, if Welbeck joins him.

Status
Not open for further replies.