Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't kept up with any of this but if it's a cheap price then it's got the potential to be a great signing. Anyone who has been part of that City squad for the past couple of years can clearly play. If he stays fit, I reckon he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Forget your £59M Pepes, £8M for another journeyman utility player...if he was halfway any good, Pep could easy get double that.
The only vague way it might make sense is;
a) Brands is a genius at spotting players
or
b) Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Besic are all out the door, no loans, gonediddlyon gone, P45, see ya. etc.

Uninspiring signing as anything, strange for City to sell too as I thought they were borderline struggling with homegrown numbers as it was

Upgrade on Besic/McCarthy, but they aren’t gone yet. If the £5mil Besic to Fulham is true, just £3mil more for Delph is good business

Sorry Fab, just not handsome enough for our midfield, and can't bring the snide of Garbar. I don't see the upside on this.

Hope this doesn’t mean we will sell our best dm.

Make no sense this is an aging player and we are complaining there are too many of them.

Last edited:
Hope this doesn’t mean we will sell our best dm.

Make no sense this is an aging player and we are complaining there are too many of them.

I sincerely hope not, he just doesn't seem to have enough about him to replace Gana, even temporarily.

It's one thing doing a job surrounded by star men at City, but he hasn't really shone in a poor England midfield in which Jordan Henderson is the top man.

I read that Esk article a few weeks back that said our books are going to look grim this year, maybe he's gonna be a cheap option, with us for a year while we transition our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.