Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm wrong I'll concede it. I always do.
No idea why this ^^^ is getting laughed at:

Roberto: conceded that he wasn't adapatable and had to go
Brands: conceded he had a very decent last summer transfer window (even allowing for the amount of load rather than fees)
Jagielka: conceded he was a good CD up to a few seasons ago (his "captaincy" was the issue)
Bernard: conceded he was a very good player after dismissing him early before he found his feet

man-shrugging_1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.png

Brands: conceded he had a very decent last summer transfer window (even allowing for the amount of load rather than fees)
Jagielka: conceded he was a good CD up to a few seasons ago (his "captaincy" was the issue)
Bernard: conceded he was a very good player after dismissing him early before he found his feet

C'mon mate, hold yer hands up when caught out. I don't think I have ever read one good thing from you about Jags.

You’re like a Martinez defence with all that conceding. ;)

I expect Delph could be in with a shout of being captain if the deal is confirmed.

With Jagielka having departed now that role is up for grabs.
Why?
Because he did a lot of shouting on a tv documentary whilst not even playing.?
Because he was once a captain of Villa?
We already have other ex- captains , Keane for instance.
Sure it’s all academic anyway ,Coleman is our captain and should remain so.

Why?
Because he did a lot of shouting on a tv documentary whilst not even playing.?
Because he was once a captain of Villa?
We already have other ex- captains , Keane for instance.
Sure it’s all academic anyway ,Coleman is our captain and should remain so.
Given Coleman nor Baines were guaranteed starters for the entirety of the season and Gylfi therefore had the armband a few times, I don't think it's outside of the realms of possibility that Delph may step up if required.

OK, injury prone player who plays in the only two positions we’ve actually got enough bodies for (LB/CM)

I suppose it’ll be handy for when Baines leaves next year, and if we ship out some of our CM turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.