Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will hit 30 this season so is arguably in his prime with plenty in the tank as he hasn't played a huge number of games the last couple of seasons. £10M is quite possibly a steal in the current market but I imagine his personal terms aren't going to be insignificant given he only has a year left on his Citeh deal.

Feeling positive about this deal.

8m for a title winning current England International?

Whats not to like.

Or besic /McCarthy replacement
If gana goes we will get someone else it’s really just adding a good player for £8m who can play in 2 positions
Think we'd be making a grave mistake not replacing Gana like for like. This bad feeling won't be going away atm.

Disliked him after his horrible challenge on Calvert-Lewin last season that he only got booked for, always thought he only ever got in the England squad because of who he plays for..

Hope am wrong though, be interesting to see where and how he fits in, cant imagine him to be leaving city’s bench for ours, rather we just gave Davies minutes meself...

Disliked him after his horrible challenge on Calvert-Lewin last season that he only got booked for, always thought he only ever got in the England squad because of who he plays for..

Hope am wrong though, be interesting to see where and how he fits in, cant imagine him to be leaving city’s bench for ours, rather we just gave Davies minutes meself...

Let’s all carry this enthusiasm to the new season regarding new additions ...he’s twice whatever Tom Davies is...be assured of that

We cant replace Gana like for like tho.

Theres a reason PSG want him.
That's the worry. He’s one of our best players and even more importantly we are going struggle to find a replacement that keeps a decent balance with Gomes and Sigurdsson. If they're thinking Delph will do as a cheaper replacement then it'll be quite annoying.

I think he is player that can fit into several positions which is nice, but let’s hope this isn’t Gana’s replacement. 8 mil is acceptable.

That's the worry. He’s one of our best players and even more importantly we are going struggle to find a replacement that keeps a decent balance with Gomes and Sigurdsson. If they're thinking Delph will do as a cheaper replacement then it'll be quite annoying.

I think Delph could do the Gana job and dare I say do it better, he has more to his game.

His fitness would be the only concern and the amount of red cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.