Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 year deal isn’t it? I think Tom Davies’ time at the club might be drawing to a close

If we play 4231 next season we currently have the following players Silva trusts for the two deep positions Gueye, Gomes, Schneiderlin, Davies. Gueye could be on his way out and one injury in there leaves us with bare bones. Delph will provide cover, competition, versatility and leadership at a low price. I don’t see a downside to this signing. It would have been great if one of Baningime, Williams, Connelly or Dowell could have stepped up but they’re obviously not ready/not good enough so instead we’ve brought in an England international.

He could probably have seen out his career on City’s bench. Instead he wanted to play football. Seems hungry to me. Will probably want to get into the national team for the euros too.

From wiki :eek:

2018 9 caps
2019 2 caps

I was quite surprised at this, didnt realise he was getting so much as a bench place.

Youre right, with the euros coming up it gives him extra incentive.

3 year deal isn’t it? I think Tom Davies’ time at the club might be drawing to a close

Cant see it. If anything i think Silva will be telling Delph to act as a mentor to him and help him to kick on...

If we play 4231 next season we currently have the following players Silva trusts for the two deep positions Gueye, Gomes, Schneiderlin, Davies. Gueye could be on his way out and one injury in there leaves us with bare bones. Delph will provide cover, competition, versatility and leadership at a low price. I don’t see a downside to this signing. It would have been great if one of Baningime, Williams, Connelly or Dowell could have stepped up but they’re obviously not ready/not good enough so instead we’ve brought in an England international.

Another way to see it is that if we sell Gana

Gomes, Davies, Schneiderlin are there + Delph.

If we also signed someone like Sangare he may need to be brought through gradually over the season as hes young and from a foreign league.

It will help with Delph there to come in and deliver some consistent performances so we can ease through Davies and Sangare (hopefully).

Delph could be the answer to Daves question of what happens if Digne gets injured. We have Baines and Delph to rotate depending on the opposition. I’d guess Delph against more attacking opposition can just sit in and defend like he did at City whereas against lesser sides at home Baines can attack. We shift three junior left backs off the wage list and get a seasoned pro who can actually contribute to the squad.

He could probably have seen out his career on City’s bench. Instead he wanted to play football. Seems hungry to me. Will probably want to get into the national team for the euros too.

Like I said I have read nothing to suggest that isn’t the case, just always have a worry when players late in their careers leave big clubs that’s all.

Besic for 5m is an utter steal, a future Baloon winner for buttons?
14-e1421879732366-1024x924.jpg

Doesn't really answer the question - I think he is only slightly better than average as a central midfielder and can be relied upon to do a steady job with better players around him, but I think we need more pace and creativity and I'm not convinced he can supply that.

Still, I will be more than happy if he signs and proves me wrong.

In a vote between taking your opinion or Pep’s, I’ve decided to go with Pep.

No offense mate

In a vote between taking your opinion or Pep’s, I’ve decided to go with Pep.

No offense mate

I get that you’re trying to make an amusing post but your response about pep doesn’t really make sense.

The suggestion appears to be that he can do well in pep’s side as he has better players around him and he might struggle without the pace and quality around him they have. I’m not sure how you’d know what Pep’s opinion of that is.

Plus, Pep is choosing to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.