Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the Everton fanbase....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to the matches then it shouldn't need explaining.

Spurs and Arsenal away were some of the worst I have seen following Everton. Nevermind the likes of going to West Brom (so, so boring).

The difference with Martinez was that there was hope, until quite near the end, that the style might eventually see us near the top of the table with the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Stones leading the way.

Under Allardyce there is no hope of finishing above 7th.

I’m no fan of Allardyce, especially in regards to his style of play. But we accepted Moyes for over a decade so we can’t complain now that the media think we have ideas slightly above our standing. We’ve done nothing to actually prove we’re a big club for years. People are acting now like Sam Allardyce is the first time we’ve gone against our club motto simply because they dont like the man. His appointment is practically an inevitable outcome of the last twenty years (if not longer). If anything I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner.

Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season
When is the statue being made for him? The football is a joke and I honestly think any manager could have probably got us here with how the bad the league is. That doesn’t mean we stick with him as he ain’t going to take us any further.

Style of footballs atrocious, we won’t actually grow and get further with him in charge, and he speaks about fans like they’re the s**t on his shoe.

Don’t understand why anyone would defend a man who clearly detests us all so much.
well maybe if we didn't rate him so poorly on the survey...

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season
The title of your post sums you up perfectly, why you have looked to the likes of Stoke and West Brom possibly going down to have a go at Everton fans for wanting someone who isn't going to be like a Moyes type manager is simply pathetic, Alardyce has done ok and doesn't deserve so much stick but we know what he brings and we want better.

You've heard what comes out of his mouth too right? He doesn't befit an Everton manager never mind anything else.

I’m no fan of Allardyce, especially in regards to his style of play. But we accepted Moyes for over a decade so we can’t complain now that the media think we have ideas slightly above our standing. We’ve done nothing to actually prove we’re a big club for years. People are acting now like Sam Allardyce is the first time we’ve gone against our club motto simply because they dont like the man. His appointment is practically an inevitable outcome of the last twenty years (if not longer). If anything I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner.
Not sure the ire is that we have gone against our club motto in times of dire need... but actually planning to do it again next season does seem like taking hypocrisy to another level.

Inappropriate Language
Do you remember when Arsenal played Liverpool at Home and Wenger said ‘well, we watched how Swansea played against them the other night, and thought we would try the same’

No of course you fcuking don’t!!!

And yet Allardyce parked the bus against them, not just away, but he parked it at home against them as well. Luckily for us in the 2 games their striker's couldn't hit a barn door.

Do you actually go the game, are you happy with the Sh£#e and I mean Sh&#e we have watched, when was the last time Goodson was rocking, let’s face it he has been here now 22 games yes we have won some, so confidence will be high and we play free flowing attacking football. I don’t think so, one shot v Newcastle at home

Not sure the ire is that we have gone against our club motto in times of dire need... but actually planning to do it again next season does seem like taking hypocrisy to another level.

An important point subtly made! I don’t hate Sam, but I don’t believe that having fulfilled his assigned role that we as fans don’t have the right to expect better next term. The creeping anxiety for me is that the fans needs for hope/pride/progress are often in opposition to management’s desire for dependability. Our needs have taken a real beating this season!

Do you actually go the game, are you happy with the Sh£#e and I mean Sh&#e we have watched, when was the last time Goodson was rocking, let’s face it he has been here now 22 games yes we have won some, so confidence will be high and we play free flowing attacking football. I don’t think so, one shot v Newcastle at home
Of course he goes the match , I see him every week stood next to his mate Sammy( RS) Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.