Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the EPL use this to either kick them out of the pyramid altogether, or if they change their minds use it to change the power structure and money distribution so that it’s fairer.

this to moment to correct the structure of the game

I think it's just the owners behind this I reckon they'll have to back track before anything happens even so they should be reprimanded immediately. For this they should all be given a big points deduction. Obviously if they (the greedy owners) don't backtrack the clubs should be banned immediately.

....I asked the question yesterday:

Would Everton have accepted an invitation to join the ESL? The vast majority of posters said we would. I’d like to think we wouldn’t but I suppose we’ll never know.

Its a fine statement the club have put out but I wonder if many on here think it’s hypocritical given their comments yesterday. I wonder if fans from other clubs might raise comments along the same lines.
I'd like to think not. The club's statements today are in line (but angrier and more pointed) with what they put on record at the time of The Big Picture; the last time the combined US front of FSG and the Glazers tried this on. So let's not undermine Everton's positioning from within; there's already enough kopiutes etc trying to throw that sh1te at us.

Would love to see the premier league to have the same guts as people who run premiership rugby.
Totally different circumstances, but the dominant team in rugby union, full of international players (many of them for England).... and relegated them. Not only has this had an effect the club, but also the national team who’s players are no longer playing week in week out against the best opposition in the country.

If they go ahead with it, expulsion is the only option.

If they don't, massive point deductions/relegation is the only viable sanction for what they've already done.
Spot on. And the immediate points deduction needs to be 20-30, based on the punishment to clubs going bust. Tough luck City, you [Poor language removed]! This move has threatened the finances of all clubs. They should also forego all income from the Premier League contracts, which should go to the EFL/grassroots. Finally, if UEFA are throwing them out of their tournaments immediately, reinstating the last teams they knocked out to replay and complete the competitions, we should do the same. City v. Spurs in the Carabao Cup Final right now would add insult to injury - get them out.

He’s talking through his backside. He’d join in a heartbeat to line his pockets.

Most owners today are parasites, they are not the club. This is six parasitic owners not six clubs.
I think that is harsh and cynical. You know this, how? He may be an oddball, certainly not a 'front man' but he has pumped money into Everton like nobody. Just maybe Everton's board is more principled than you think.

Any deluded notion that the renegades would be kicked out can now be put to bed with Moshiri's call for a points deduction. Turkeys are not going to vote for Christmas. Mosh wants to keep the option of joining the top table open for as long as possible. Therefore, he will be hoping for a "compromise" with UEFA to buy him the time to get us into the big time. He will not be calling for excluding the six.

I think that is harsh and cynical. You know this, how? He may be an oddball, certainly not a 'front man' but he has pumped money into Everton like nobody. Just maybe Everton's board is more principled than you think.
Weren't Everton offered entry to the so called "Big Picture" greed venture last year and outright refused.
Think again Nick. Sorry Nick that should have been directed to artetas biggest fan.

Why would Moshiri call for anything more than a points deduction? We’re already on the cusp of European qualification, have Carlo, have money and have a beautiful new stadium in a few years.

If there was even a ten point deduction from the six we should be nailed on for Europa League and possibly Champions League if West Ham stop being so unexpectedly good and we start putting the ball in the net again!

He’s talking through his backside. He’d join in a heartbeat to line his pockets.

Most owners today are parasites, they are not the club. This is six parasitic owners not six clubs.
If he is then that's our problem not yours, because you ain't no Everton fan. :) Worry about your own teams epic collapse, after a fluke league title win. Don't be worrying about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.