Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who havent read the full Statement

Everton is saddened and disappointed to see proposals of a breakaway league pushed forward by six clubs.

Six clubs acting entirely in their own interests.

Six clubs tarnishing the reputation of our league and the game.

Six clubs choosing to disrespect every other club with whom they sit around the Premier League table.

Six clubs taking for granted and even betraying the majority of football supporters across our country and beyond.

At this time of national and international crisis - and a defining period for our game - clubs should be working together collaboratively with the ideals of our game and its supporters uppermost.

Instead, these clubs have been secretly conspiring to break away from a football pyramid that has served them so well.

And in that Pyramid Everton salutes EVERY club, be it Leicester City, Accrington Stanley, Gillingham, Lincoln City, Morecambe, Southend United, Notts County and the rest who have, with their very being, enriched the lives of their supporters throughout the game's history. And vice versa.

The self-proclaimed Super Six appear intent on disenfranchising supporters across the game - including their own - by putting the very structure that underpins the game we love under threat.

The backlash is understandable and deserved – and has to be listened to.

This preposterous arrogance is not wanted anywhere in football outside of the clubs that have drafted this plan.

On behalf of everyone associated with Everton, we respectfully ask that the proposals are immediately withdrawn and that the private meetings and subversive practises that have brought our beautiful game to possibly its lowest ever position in terms of trust end now.

Finally we would ask the owners, chairmen, and Board members of the six clubs to remember the privileged position they hold – not only as custodians of their clubs but also custodians of the game. The responsibility they carry should be taken seriously.

We urge them all to consider what they wish their legacy to be.

Everton FC Board of Directors

If they go ahead with it, expulsion is the only option.

If they don't, massive point deductions/relegation is the only viable sanction for what they've already done.

We're still in the second scenario you've mentioned. Points deductions will be the threat until they finally push ahead, but I don't think it will get that far.

Expulsion is going to be the very last resort whether we like that or not.

11:05 this morning via Zoom...

giphy.gif

He’s talking through his backside. He’d join in a heartbeat to line his pockets.

Most owners today are parasites, they are not the club. This is six parasitic owners not six clubs.

Dunno, he sounded genuine and he's never really taken many steps to say he's in it for the money

We've stretched FFP as far as we can go, he's not raised Season Ticket prices, he's thrown money at managers, and a new stadium

Think he's probably being led by DBB and Bill who know how big of a disaster this would be if we joined

He’s talking through his backside. He’d join in a heartbeat to line his pockets.

Most owners today are parasites, they are not the club. This is six parasitic owners not six clubs.

Correct, but so what? Money is killing the game, Moshiri/Usmanov is a symptom of that but not the major one - the disease has manifested itself clearly in the Super League and that needs to be cured first.

One thing at a time. There definitely needs to be regulation so the dial doesn't swing so far in the direction of rich elite individuals again, but that's for another time. We need to deal with this first.

I see what you're saying , he's put a lot of money of his ( and some of his friend's ) money into what must what seem a bottomless pit and he must be crying when reading his accounts .
However , he must know that we wouldn't put up with such a thing . The fans and the town would turn on him in a heartbeat .
He's really not that stupid .

Correct, but so what? Money is killing the game, Moshiri/Usmanov is a symptom of that but not the major one - the disease has manifested itself clearly in the Super League and that needs to be cured first.

One thing at a time. There definitely needs to be regulation so the dial doesn't swing so far in the direction of rich elite individuals again, but that's for another time. We need to deal with this first.
This all goes back to FFP. As farhad said these clubs want to stay where they are. Let’s be honest if FFP wasn’t in place we probably be up fighting for a league title, just like city and Chelsea did. But other clubs outside the top 6 have wealthy owners who may want to push but can’t.

I'm not as satisfied with this statement as the rest of you seem to be.

This is still the velvet glove. I want to see the mailed fist inside before I'm convinced that the 14 mean business.

I'm sure Moshiri is all for the mailed fist. He's not who concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.