Homepage Update: Everton's Managerial Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Its an issue I had with him when he seemed to go to sleep at Watford. Others have said the contract he had was very much geared to the club.

What I mean, is if he comes, and does well quickly, any contract will have to be favourable to us. And yeah, I now that sounds daft these days.
If he comes and does well, I cant see too many clubs that would come in for him. It's not like the Koeman and Barca fears. Say he gets us top 4 or a cup, who's going to come in for him? Still no top tier CL club and of the top 6 clubs, maybe Spurs, maybe. If he does really well, the club would probably back him hugely. We're a big club and if he does well enough to be poached by a bigger club, we'll probably be in decent shape.

I understand your point, just not sure that I agree with it. The Premier League is clearly the best paying league in Europe, apart from a handful of big clubs in Spain, Italy etc. I doubt that any of the clubs in the top 6 are going to go for Fonseca so I don't see why their would be a problem getting him. I even think there is a chance that we could get Emery if we pushed the boat out. I'd still be underwhelmed with Silva but he would be a breath of fresh air after the Koeman/Allardyce years so i'm sure people would get behind him. Finally i just hope that we are getting the right guy in for the DOF role and that if we do then he gets to call the shots on which managers we sack and hire in the future.

Some managers would put CL ahead of the Premier League, I mean how has Paulo caught the eye? Not by winning the Ukraine League, but by going far in the CL.

So I think most teams in the CL are more attractive than us, for some managers.

3BDF0F2000000578-4091030-image-a-22_1483624844872.jpg

I still can't believe Mancini seemingly isn't in the running. He'd jump at the chance and has managed a club that was in an extremely similar situation to us before, to great success I might add.

I still can't believe Mancini seemingly isn't in the running. He'd jump at the chance and has managed a club that was in an extremely similar situation to us before, to great success I might add.
Awful manager

Hasn't he taken the Italy job?

Everyone knows this job is possibly coming up, if anyone isn't in the running they don't want it, those who do chances are they are poor managers and cant do better, just look out how local Sam was about wanting it before he got it, the club hasn't be as unattractive a destination as it is now for a long time.
The mess that Koeman and Walsh made, that Moshiri overseen, is still there, only an idiot would take it on

Are we all slowing accepting the fact it’s Silva? Got a feeling no matter what this has been the plan since November and I’m actually happy about it.

Who has won a shedload of trophies as a manager in three different countries.

Except he won the league in Italy after the two teams better than him were relegated or docked points

Won at city with all out attack after signing the best young players in Europe. Was found out after that

Turkey doesn't really count at the best team there as well.

Two of his 3 'successes' ending up being luck that he was in charge at the time.

Ive accepted its Silva.

Silva or Sam IMO, im hoping that Paulo has us on hold, but the reality is that hes already jogged us on.
I would love it to be Paolo but I feel like we are getting the uglier version. Silva will be good, he is a good manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.