Homepage Update: Everton's Managerial Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be massively underwhelmed if we appointed Silva for a couple of reasons. We'll have more choice and more managers will generally be available after the season has finished than we did in November when we were looking to appoint him. He did a very good job at first with Hull but then letting it slip to get them relegated suggests a problem to me. Similarly with Watford they played some great attacking football but they seemed to leak a lot of goals. In addition to this if we are going to appoint Silva why on earth didn't we do this weeks ago when it was clear we were safe from relegation and it would have given his some time to see the players in action? It also smacks of Moshiri only being interested in appointing managers with Premier League experience.

With a bullet proof buy out deal, I would suspend my misgivings. He downed tools when an upper mid table club batted their eye lids at him, dont forget.

In that case the bullet proof deal makes no odds. He allegedly downed tools at Watford because he couldn't get out of that deal to the extent that they sacked him - you can't make a deal that ensures 100% commitment and effort.

Silva for me, gave Hull a fighting chance after they sold their best player Snodgrass in January and basically gave up, and had Watford absolutely flying and playing great stuff till Farhad slapped his balls on the table.

Think he’d of taken another job before now too if he wasn’t coming to us.

I'd be massively underwhelmed if we appointed Silva for a couple of reasons. We'll have more choice and more managers will generally be available after the season has finished than we did in November when we were looking to appoint him. He did a very good job at first with Hull but then letting it slip to get them relegated suggests a problem to me. Similarly with Watford they played some great attacking football but they seemed to leak a lot of goals. In addition to this if we are going to appoint Silva why on earth didn't we do this weeks ago when it was clear we were safe from relegation and it would have given his some time to see the players in action? It also smacks of Moshiri only being interested in appointing managers with Premier League experience.

I think part of the problem is that people struggle with reality a little.

Silva might be the "best" manager we can attract.

My first choice is Paulo, I consider him on the cusp of what we can attract, but reality suggests that he probably has better offers than us or he feels that he could attract a better offer in the future.

The same goes for all the other managers I would pick ahead of Silva, The Emerys, hell even The Wengers.

We arent a big club sadly, we have a rich history and a very loyal fanbase, but so does Sheff Wednesday.

Sure we can offer the dough, but again, so can every other decent club in Europe, so if reality dictates that we appoint Silva, so be it.

This forum has over 000s of people on it, the club will not appoint a manager we all agree on.

I just hope that we as a fanbase get behind our next appointment and also add a touch of reality about what our goals should be next season, compete in every game, finish as high as we can and hopefully have a decent go at the cups.

Benitez has a fantastic win ratio with a mediocre squad. He's fat so it's not too much of a departure from the last two we've had and is already disliked by most of the fans so there's no worry about them eventually turning on him.
There is much wisdom here. The only downside is history and that other lot. You can say a lot about blues, but we know our history.

It would take more time, and by then it would be too late. I have to think its Silva until someone convinces me otherwise.

My first choice is Paulo, I consider him on the cusp of what we can attract, but reality suggests that he probably has better offers than us or he feels that he could attract a better offer in the future.

The same goes for all the other managers I would pick ahead of Silva, The Emerys, hell even The Wengers.

We arent a big club sadly, we have a rich history and a very loyal fanbase, but so does Sheff Wednesday.

Sure we can offer the dough, but again, so can every other decent club in Europe, so if reality dictates that we appoint Silva, so be it.

This forum has over 000s of people on it, the club will not appoint a manager we all agree on.

I just hope that we as a fanbase get behind our next appointment and also add a touch of reality about what our goals should be next season, compete in every game, finish as high as we can and hopefully have a decent go at the cups.

The goat speaks the truth.

Unless it’s Benitez, never Benitez.

In that case the bullet proof deal makes no odds. He allegedly downed tools at Watford because he couldn't get out of that deal to the extent that they sacked him - you can't make a deal that ensures 100% commitment and effort.

True. Its an issue I had with him when he seemed to go to sleep at Watford. Others have said the contract he had was very much geared to the club.

What I mean, is if he comes, and does well quickly, any contract will have to be favourable to us. And yeah, I now that sounds daft these days.

If asked to look past the Liverpool connnection to build an argument, you respond with some thing to do with the Liverpool connection, then you're a bit of a wet wipe.

I just cant look past it tho Chris, if it makes me bitter and twisted and cutting my nose off to spite my face, then hand me the knife.

The utter wingnut has won some very good trophies, but I can not and will not forget.

I honestly hope he slips on a banana and falls into a river the donkeykong looking twerp.

I understand your point, just not sure that I agree with it. The Premier League is clearly the best paying league in Europe, apart from a handful of big clubs in Spain, Italy etc. I doubt that any of the clubs in the top 6 are going to go for Fonseca so I don't see why their would be a problem getting him. I even think there is a chance that we could get Emery if we pushed the boat out. I'd still be underwhelmed with Silva but he would be a breath of fresh air after the Koeman/Allardyce years so i'm sure people would get behind him. Finally i just hope that we are getting the right guy in for the DOF role and that if we do then he gets to call the shots on which managers we sack and hire in the future.

I seen the title and thought do we have any options?
I'm confident that if we do, then of those options available, Everton will choose the wrong one...it's as if this club is cursed. I'd like to lay the blame at the door of that witch-doctor bezzie of Mrs Lukaku , but that fella couldn't even predict which club Rom was going to go to so I suspect his shaman skills ain't all that.
Regardless, and figuratively speaking, the sleek streamlined express train carrying passengers to footballing success has left the station and we're left hitching a ride on some clapped-out horse and cart.

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

Everton that.

True. Its an issue I had with him when he seemed to go to sleep at Watford. Others have said the contract he had was very much geared to the club.

What I mean, is if he comes, and does well quickly, any contract will have to be favourable to us. And yeah, I now that sounds daft these days.

The contract can be very favourable to the club but if someone does effectively down tools while technically fulfilling their role then the club is stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.