Evertonized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an Evertonian.

Any well balanced practitioner of logic will understand that there can be only one winner in a competition. This means that the rest of the teams are losers. Statistically this means at the start of the season you are most likely to lose, and must brace yourself for that expectation. Most fans of most clubs ignore this, as they hold this thing called 'hope'close to their hearts - not their heads.

I remember hope, from when I was a young Evertonian, and the pain it brings. Banish all hope from your heart and bring peace into your life. You will, however never experience the excitement the sport can bring. That flash of excitement when a top player gets on the ball and is through on goal which makes you feel - in an instant - that you can conquer the world in whatever you do. You're on your feet, fists clenched, arms braced, legs squat shouting "come on!" ..... and they shank the ball which dribbles to the goalkeeper, leaving you with a bunch of adrenaline and sugar in your blood which you know is going to be converted to fat.

That's what hope does.

Being an Evertonian.

Any well balanced practitioner of logic will understand that there can be only one winner in a competition. This means that the rest of the teams are losers. Statistically this means at the start of the season you are most likely to lose, and must brace yourself for that expectation. Most fans of most clubs ignore this, as they hold this thing called 'hope'close to their hearts - not their heads.

I remember hope, from when I was a young Evertonian, and the pain it brings. Banish all hope from your heart and bring peace into your life. You will, however never experience the excitement the sport can bring. That flash of excitement when a top player gets on the ball and is through on goal which makes you feel - in an instant - that you can conquer the world in whatever you do. You're on your feet, fists clenched, arms braced, legs squat shouting "come on!" ..... and they shank the ball which dribbles to the goalkeeper, leaving you with a bunch of adrenaline and sugar in your blood which you know is going to be converted to fat.

That's what hope does.
A post worthy of recognition...kudos

Being an Evertonian is like being Captain Ahab, you are tied inextricably to this vast entity that drags you down into the icy depths for interminable periods of time and all you can do is hang on and hold your breath, because you know that eventually, usually just before your lungs give out and your heart bursts, that the great whale will breach the surface again!

That time above the surface will inevitably be brief, but it will also be beautiful and wonderous, as you bathe in the sunshine and gulp that wonderful, wonderful fresh air, preparing yourself all the time for when the whale submerges again( as it surely will) and drags you back down into the deep dark depths! It was the mid 90's when we were last submerged, we will breach the surface again soon, we must, my breath is running out!

Being an Evertonian is like being Captain Ahab, you are tied inextricably to this vast entity that drags you down into the icy depths for interminable periods of time and all you can do is hang on and hold your breath, because you know that eventually, usually just before your lungs give out and your heart bursts, that the great whale will breach the surface again!

That time above the surface will inevitably be brief, but it will also be beautiful and wonderous, as you bathe in the sunshine and gulp that wonderful, wonderful fresh air, preparing yourself all the time for when the whale submerges again( as it surely will) and drags you back down into the deep dark depths! It was the mid 90's when we were last submerged, we will breach the surface again soon, we must, my breath is running out!

Exactly this. Wonderful post. It's tough to see the sun right now, and it'll get darker before we see the first glimpse of those wonderful rays and take a few deep breaths. Wouldn't change it for the world.

58675633.jpg

Yeah he prob will get us top 4 ....... of the championship then miss out on promotion in the playoff's

Don't know why any fcker would want to CHOOSE to support Everton. Unfortunately for me I only had one choice since my dad was a diehard Evertonian. I remember my uncle giving me a liverpool top when I was about 5. I took it home with my mum. It did go missing and I never really thought much of it. It was only until years later I found the burnt remains at the very bottom of the garden. I did have my suspicions.

I get laughed at or given an odd stare here in the states when I tell ignorant people that I support Everton.

I suppose use Everton fans need a sense of humor living under shadows of Liverpool FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.