Everton Youth Teams Thread

With Inter Milan pulling out of the Florida Cup it only leaves Everton & Millionares… surely the club should suggest bringing the U23s to fill in?

Whitaker seems to be the only youngster away with the senior team, maybe Anderson too

That’s great that Whitaker is in the first team squad , a lot of development still to do to make it , but his goalscoring had always made him different from the others , he won u13 goal of the season a few years ago. I was looking back at a post from August last year reviewing the then new Scholars , when he stood out for me then, nice to see him breaking through.

What type of player is Whitaker?

Seems to have appeared out the crowd to be with the first team...

Only 17 so i assume he must have something about him ?

What type of player is Whitaker?

Seems to have appeared out the crowd to be with the first team...

Only 17 so i assume he must have something about him ?
It’s difficult to pigeon hole him into a “ type of player” or say he’s like someone else. Firstly he’s not another Rooney , at 17 he’s not going to take the PL by storm this season , so lower any expectations you may have. I first really saw him about 18 months ago when he was a Schoolboy in a stream of some weird competition that we’d entered a young team in against older players. There wasn’t even a proper team sheet , no proper commentary , but he was playing behind the striker in the middle , like a 10 role, picking up the ball , moving it forward , tackling when needed but not a defensive mid, Onyango played that night. We lost , 2-1 I think, but for me he stood out .
At u18 he was initially one of 3 or 4 players used in rotation, often coming on as a sub , but he seemed to have the knack of scoring goals frequently for a “ midfielder” even from the subs bench.
After Christmas he kicked on again, scoring goals , playing his part in theYouth Cup run and really taking his chances at U23s by scoring goals including a hat trick against Southampton . Although he had a 9 on his back the other day when with the first team, I’ve never seen him as a striker , the nearest definition I’d put is he’s like a No10 who’s willing to work hard in midfield alongside or behind a striker . He strikes the ball well but not in a spectacular way, he’s quick but not speedy as say Gordon, I’d say he’s tenacious in the tackle but not in a defensive mid kind of way, gets up well to head the ball , but not like DCL, he’s comparatively slight but holds his own . I think it’s his football brain which has set him apart so far , speed of thought, being in the right place at the right time, playing the right ball, playing with maturity for one so young.

Again caution is needed. He’s 17 a lot of developing still needed , he’s a long way from being a regular first team squad player and we’ve had youngsters show promise in pre season before then get left behind. . Having said that, I haven’t seen him this season, he has the ability to surprise in his speed of development , so let’s just see how he does .

22C82F43-8067-488A-8D64-0BA7A0076FC5.jpeg

Team sheets for today… 15-year-old Emilio Lawrence included as well as Martin Sherif who is also 15 i believe

With Inter Milan pulling out of the Florida Cup it only leaves Everton & Millionares… surely the club should suggest bringing the U23s to fill in?

It’s difficult to pigeon hole him into a “ type of player” or say he’s like someone else. Firstly he’s not another Rooney , at 17 he’s not going to take the PL by storm this season , so lower any expectations you may have. I first really saw him about 18 months ago when he was a Schoolboy in a stream of some weird competition that we’d entered a young team in against older players. There wasn’t even a proper team sheet , no proper commentary , but he was playing behind the striker in the middle , like a 10 role, picking up the ball , moving it forward , tackling when needed but not a defensive mid, Onyango played that night. We lost , 2-1 I think, but for me he stood out .
At u18 he was initially one of 3 or 4 players used in rotation, often coming on as a sub , but he seemed to have the knack of scoring goals frequently for a “ midfielder” even from the subs bench.
After Christmas he kicked on again, scoring goals , playing his part in theYouth Cup run and really taking his chances at U23s by scoring goals including a hat trick against Southampton . Although he had a 9 on his back the other day when with the first team, I’ve never seen him as a striker , the nearest definition I’d put is he’s like a No10 who’s willing to work hard in midfield alongside or behind a striker . He strikes the ball well but not in a spectacular way, he’s quick but not speedy as say Gordon, I’d say he’s tenacious in the tackle but not in a defensive mid kind of way, gets up well to head the ball , but not like DCL, he’s comparatively slight but holds his own . I think it’s his football brain which has set him apart so far , speed of thought, being in the right place at the right time, playing the right ball, playing with maturity for one so young.

Again caution is needed. He’s 17 a lot of developing still needed , he’s a long way from being a regular first team squad player and we’ve had youngsters show promise in pre season before then get left behind. . Having said that, I haven’t seen him this season, he has the ability to surprise in his speed of development , so let’s just see how he does .

Good all rounder then who plays in the centre?

Must be amazing for him to be away with the team at 17. Can only help his development.

Sounds a bit like Cahill?

I was guessing at 4 -2-3 - 1 until I saw Cannon ‘s name. I was wondering if John , Hagan, Campbell, Higgins was the defence with Beni and Price defensive mid , Heath , Metcalfe, Lawrence across middle but could equally be 442 . It’s always fun following our U23s/18 teams lol

You're probably right, I mistook heaths name for welch for some reason so thought we had the 3 centre backs on.
Doh!