Everton Youth Teams Thread

Did Carragher play against us in the Youth Cup, cant remember him doing anything? The player who stood out was Sean McGurk in midfield, Leeds have nabbed him now. Picking up your point if three CBs do go out on lone as is quite likely , I’m not convinced Hagen certainly and maybe Kristensen are competitive at U23s yet , and at CB Anderson is just “ok” . Campbell is coming on nicely but still only 16 and surely (!?) we haven’t started negotiations with the Dutch kid without being pretty sure of a permit ….It does seem like we have a potential glut of CBs , but it’ll be interesting to see how this pans out and just how serious we are about Carragher and needing another CB.

he didnt play in the youth cup game

Did Carragher play against us in the Youth Cup, cant remember him doing anything? The player who stood out was Sean McGurk in midfield, Leeds have nabbed him now. Picking up your point if three CBs do go out on lone as is quite likely , I’m not convinced Hagen certainly and maybe Kristensen are competitive at U23s yet , and at CB Anderson is just “ok” . Campbell is coming on nicely but still only 16 and surely (!?) we haven’t started negotiations with the Dutch kid without being pretty sure of a permit ….It does seem like we have a potential glut of CBs , but it’ll be interesting to see how this pans out and just how serious we are about Carragher and needing another CB.
He didn't but the news broke soon after that game so it's probably through looking at him beforehand. Mcgurk was the massive red wasn't he? Looked a player.

Whilst I'm not sure Anderson, Hagan or Kristensen are up to it either it's no guarantee Carragher would make the step up either as PL2 would be a higher level than he's ever played. Anderson may also be pushed back to LB with Small off so that could open up room. We more just need a partner for Welch so i don't really have a problem just using Kristensen and seeing what we've got with him. He's missed like 18 months of football with that freak injury but he could well end up good. All told though the 23s are gonna be looking ropey at the back this season imo as its essentially going to be last years 18s + Anderson. You'd have to think John and Astley are off on loan leaving it to be like Mallon - Welch - Kristensen - Anderson?

He didn't but the news broke soon after that game so it's probably through looking at him beforehand. Mcgurk was the massive red wasn't he? Looked a player.

Whilst I'm not sure Anderson, Hagan or Kristensen are up to it either it's no guarantee Carragher would make the step up either as PL2 would be a higher level than he's ever played. Anderson may also be pushed back to LB with Small off so that could open up room. We more just need a partner for Welch so i don't really have a problem just using Kristensen and seeing what we've got with him. He's missed like 18 months of football with that freak injury but he could well end up good. All told though the 23s are gonna be looking ropey at the back this season imo as its essentially going to be last years 18s + Anderson. You'd have to think John and Astley are off on loan leaving it to be like Mallon - Welch - Kristensen - Anderson?
Yeah it’s intriguing wondering what combinations we‘ll have, usually it only settles down once the transfer window closes and the older ones are out on loan. Then if as expected the likes of Mallon and Welch are mainly U23s , we turn to the u18 defence with only Eli Campbell remaining from last year as a CB , but we know the likes of Roman Quintyne at right back and Jack Tierney as a CB have shown promise from last year, particularly Quintyne. There are three new defenders listed in the new Scholars, Edward Jones who i believe is a centre back, but I’m not sure of the positions of the other two defenders Charlie Wilson and Harry Wright. Presumably one can cover left back at u18s . If the older players are training with the first team we may get some clues from tonight’s squad.