Everton Youth Teams Thread

Replace the whole first team with the U23's...
Noooooo, that would be a disaster. I really enjoy watching the U23s whenever I can get a stream , I love their attitude , their skills and the way they play. This is tempered by the knowledge that statistically few are going to make it through to the first team so I just enjoy the games for what they are and get disappointed but not beat up if they don't play well. I couldn't stomach watching all our first teamers playing for our U23s. Unless they had the same attitude as Oumar. Ive said this a number of times in his thread that while he may not be the answer to our 1st team striker problem he always plays with a smile on his face, works his nuts off, scores goals at U23s level and on the pitch sets a decent example to our youngsters.

post of the week, Joey.

We only ever win anything with a manager who us one of us.

Unsworth has shown me enough.

Does he have to sell shoes in Italy like Arrigo Saachi to get a chance?

His team's play proper football too.
Completely agree and the sooner the better because we've got a really talented group of younger players who Unsworth will get the best out of.

Good little showing from henen coming back from his injury

....he's really filled out to look physically imposing. I chatted regularly with a Fleetwood season ticket holder when he was there on loan a few seasons ago. They liked him lots but he was very wasteful in front of goal and suffered with injuries. It might look a wise decision that we have been patient with the lad.