Everton Youth Teams Thread

Didn't recognise his name, looks like we poached him from City with lots of wider interest. Big talent by all accounts. (Ellis Simms)

United gave him a trial in December and were thought to be favorites to land him apparently.

Profiles of newest full time lads:
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/01/new-scholars-inducted

b20f844db1584ae49125c669043abe64.jpg

Ellis Simms (Striker): Tall and pacy, Oldham-born Ellis signed on with Everton aged 16 and could play internationally for England, Poland or Jamaica.

United gave him a trial in December and were thought to be favorites to land him apparently.

Ellis Simms (Striker): Tall and pacy, Oldham-born Ellis signed on with Everton aged 16 and could play internationally for England, Poland or Jamaica.

Yes they thought they had him. When the list came through I didn't recognise his name at all as one that had been mentioned in months or years gone by, probably because he wasn't our player. Looks a talent though.

I do think there is a wider issue in all of this. City have poached many players from 10 upwards to 16, in many ways devouring United's but also our and Liverpool's youth set up (not to mention the provincial teams). There is little doubt though there is a feeling they are getting stuck, much like at Chelsea and most want to be sent on the loan merry-go-round like Chelsea operate. I suspect ourselves and the other clubs (Liverpool can't currently) will be aggressive in targeting their players at 16. They will have got their education up to GCSE at that point and may well be a strategic point to leave to join academies where there are less of a backlog, a clearer pathway and a much more rooted tradition of youth involvement in the first team.

I would love us to be actively pursuing Sancho from City.

Yes they thought they had him. When the list came through I didn't recognise his name at all as one that had been mentioned in months or years gone by, probably because he wasn't our player. Looks a talent though.

I do think there is a wider issue in all of this. City have poached many players from 10 upwards to 16, in many ways devouring United's but also our and Liverpool's youth set up (not to mention the provincial teams). There is little doubt though there is a feeling they are getting stuck, much like at Chelsea and most want to be sent on the loan merry-go-round like Chelsea operate. I suspect ourselves and the other clubs (Liverpool can't currently) will be aggressive in targeting their players at 16. They will have got their education up to GCSE at that point and may well be a strategic point to leave to join academies where there are less of a backlog, a clearer pathway and a much more rooted tradition of youth involvement in the first team.

I would love us to be actively pursuing Sancho from City.

I posted the other day in the transfer thread that he apparently wants off and has turned down a £30k a week deal as he doesnt see a path into the 1st team. Thats 1 thing we can promise them as long as they progress as expected. Looks like he may be off to Arsenal though, which is just a strange move imo but he may want to go closer to home.

I got the impression thatnCity let him go , he had a trial with Blackburn too before ending up with us at the tail end of last season when he appeared for our U18s after the leagues split, so he obviously did enough then. He can certainly take his goals , good link up play with others and also able to use his strength to muscle in and create his own chances. He wasn't far off scoring four goals today. We obviously need to see a lot more of him against better opposition.

I got the impression thatnCity let him go , he had a trial with Blackburn too before ending up with us at the tail end of last season when he appeared for our U18s after the leagues split, so he obviously did enough then. He can certainly take his goals , good link up play with others and also able to use his strength to muscle in and create his own chances. He wasn't far off scoring four goals today. We obviously need to see a lot more of him against better opposition.

This article makes it seem that he wasn't and that United was trying to pinch him before we did, but who knows that actual truth.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...age-duo-edward-elewa-ikpakwu-and-ellis-simms/