Everton Youth Teams Thread

he turns 19 in december. not sure what way the u18 league works but he'll struggle for games if hes not eligible to take part in that.

I actually meant 19, but I'm on my lunch break so was too busy shovelling grub into my gob to properly check my post.

You would think that it would be their age before the season starts so as not to leave the lads born later in the season in the wilderness.

I actually meant 19, but I'm on my lunch break so was too busy shovelling grub into my gob to properly check my post.

You would think that it would be their age before the season starts so as not to leave the lads born later in the season in the wilderness.

same thing happened with brewster, too old for u18s, too much competition for u23s. can see lavery going out on loan to a non league side as well or maybe a club back in n.ireland

With Duffus gone we have 5 strikers too old for u18s and not ready for first team. Mathis, Dyson, Sambou, Byrne and Lavery. They were looking at loaning Dyson out so that leaves 4 of them to battle for 1 maybe 2 places. It will be a big ask for Lavery but an injury to any of them that are ahead and he could get chances. I'm not counting Evans and Broadhead as I see them more as number 10s. I imagine he's playing this tournament to ensure some game time also I believe he was injured towards back and of last season.

I enjoyed that, did,nt see all of it it was good trying to figure out who was playing in which position. It looked like Total Football to me at times as they switched about.!
I believe it was Jordan Corke who scored the last two goals.
Some of these 16 year olds look a big improvement on last year , Elliot Richards impressed me with his ability and work rate. 16 today too!
Regarding Lavery , this is an u19 tournament so he's eligible . I think he s coming back from injury otherwise he should be with u23s as he's too old now for u18 this season.
And a stream that would put Everton tV to shame.

[QUOTE="Duncan Disordely, post: 5626186, membe
You would think that it would be their age before the season starts so as not to leave the lads born later in the season in the wilderness.[/QUOTE]
For the u18s leagues it's dob on 1st September so the same date they use for Scholar years. For Internationals it's d.o. B. 1st January , so those born later in season can gain from this . Tom Davies is a good example, same Scholar year as Dowell, Connolly but as he was born later currently eligible for England U19 while they U20s.