Everton Youth Teams Thread

...if reports are correct, Everton are not willing to let him go to Charlton on loan which suggests he's thought of as a first team squad player. He played the full 90 minutes yesterday and is a Charlton regular which at least demonstrates he can cope physically with open age football.
The loan system has advantages for some youngsters as we know, in this case though if we bid for him part of the deal should be us saying " Come to us , if you've got the talent and application our coaching staff and our facilities will raise you up to the next level in a way Charlton can't . You may start off playing U23s , but you'll train with the first team and if you prove yourself you'll get the opportunity before the season is out .... maybe sooner" .
It's really difficult to figure just how much we are actually responsible for developing players I.e. make them better , as opposed to just buying in a talented teenager who's good anyway. Well recently the young English players we've bought in have all played PL mins, Stones, Galloway, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin , so we appear to be doing something right.

...I think you can read too much into comments. If he does keep hold of the football it indicates he has confidence and ability. Perhaps he's trying to make things happen and he's a pace ahead of his team mates. Regardless, he's a young man holding down a regular spot in open age football which suggests he's physically and mentally capable. Most of the players we put out on loan struggle to hold down a place.

£12mil for a league one player though, fan comments werent positive about him...

Doesnt seem like a coup to me.

He could be brilliant with better players around him of course but Id have preferred Dembele when he was at Fulham, even now at celtic surely not more than £15mil ?

£12mil for a league one player though, fan comments werent positive about him...

Doesnt seem like a coup to me.

He could be brilliant with better players around him of course but Id have preferred Dembele when he was at Fulham, even now at celtic surely not more than £15mil ?

...yep, I mentioned Dembele last summer when he was still at Fulham. Lookman is a different type, more an attacking wide player. £10m is being quoted, I suppose you can compare his age with Williams who cost the same. Clearly Williams was proven whereas Lookman is potential but that is factored into the price.

I'm not overly bothered about cost, the amounts are obscene anyway.

Club level is irrelevant really as he's scored for them in the Championship and represents England youth teams.

True about England youth, i dif a bit of googling and hes played with a few pf our youth players...i made the comment in the transfer thread

...yep, I mentioned Dembele last summer when he was still at Fulham. Lookman is a different type, more an attacking wide player. £10m is being quoted, I suppose you can compare his age with Williams who cost the same. Clearly Williams was proven whereas Lookman is potential but that is factored into the price.

I'm not overly bothered about cost, the amounts are obscene anyway.

Just spent a bit of time reading about him...played with 5+ of our guys before for england youth, two footed and direct + on youtube i can see he has really fast acceleration and also enjoys a pirouette or two.

We must have picked him out through the england youth games and seen how he compared at the level of the other lads we have there

Just spent a bit of time reading about him...played with 5+ of our guys before for england youth, two footed and direct + on youtube i can see he has really fast acceleration and also enjoys a pirouette or two.

We must have picked him out through the england youth games and seen how he compared at the level of the other lads we have there

....he's only just 19 and regularly playing league football, it shows he has the physicality and mentality to cope. The challenge will be whether he has the ability to step up and sometimes that is made easier playing with better footballers.

Would anyone here know how to get tickets to the U23s game against Athletic? Do I just turn up and buy it at the ground? Can't find anything on the OS to buy tickets.