Everton Youth Teams Thread

When you consider our start to to season, that is really impressive to be in the mix now. Real credit to the coaches and players.
It is mate,to only be 4 points behind at this stage [now 7 to 2nd place with man utd winning today but we have game in hand] with the start of losing the 1st 3 games,to now go 12 games unbeaten in the league,13 if you include the cup

With talk of Charlton wanting Lookman back on loan if we sign him, I wonder if that'd be a good opportunity for maybe Dowell to go out and get some first team football. Charlton are currently 11th in league one so they must have a fairly competitive squad. Unless the club would be looking at a championship loan for him, but given his form hasn't been great so far this season maybe league one would be about right.
Ademola Lookman would be an interesting signing for us. I've only seen him when he was playing for England U19s/20 when I was watching our players . He was one of the few , if not the only, players from a non PL club but he looked very talented, a tricky winger with a good shot. Probabaly the best comparison of our current players would be with Bolassie in terms of style, but obviously not the same level. He would certainly provide something different for the U23s as we don't have anybody if a similar style threatening to break into that team this season. So in the past that would have been good criteria to bring in a youngster for another club - a gap within our youngsters and a talented player. But this is now not someone we could pick up for £2 mill , apparently he's going to cost £6mill plus, so the question is will the Bolassie injury affect RKs thinking I.e would he be seen as a dual U23s/first team squad player?

Ademola Lookman would be an interesting signing for us. I've only seen him when he was playing for England U19s/20 when I was watching our players . He was one of the few , if not the only, players from a non PL club but he looked very talented, a tricky winger with a good shot. Probabaly the best comparison of our current players would be with Bolassie in terms of style, but obviously not the same level. He would certainly provide something different for the U23s as we don't have anybody if a similar style threatening to break into that team this season. So in the past that would have been good criteria to bring in a youngster for another club - a gap within our youngsters and a talented player. But this is now not someone we could pick up for £2 mill , apparently he's going to cost £6mill plus, so the question is will the Bolassie injury affect RKs thinking I.e would he be seen as a dual U23s/first team squad player?

Thought he was a striker?

Seems insane to buy him for £12mil...from charlton???

Took a peek at some of the fan comments in the mail article and they are saying he may be dropped next game as hes a ball hogger.

To read you saying hes not on the same level as bolasie...gosh thats not good at all.

Took a peek at some of the fan comments in the mail article and they are saying he may be dropped next game as hes a ball hogger.

To read you saying hes not on the same level as bolasie...gosh thats not good at all.

He's young and he's English of course he'll cost £12m.

...if reports are correct, Everton are not willing to let him go to Charlton on loan which suggests he's thought of as a first team squad player. He played the full 90 minutes yesterday and is a Charlton regular which at least demonstrates he can cope physically with open age football.

Hope I haven't spoiled your Christmas with that remark mate, I know you like to over enthuse on these youngsters :).Now let's see what I'm saying , well in my opinion Lookman the 19 year old , is not yet on the same level as the 27 year old , experienced international who cost about £27 million. Hardly profound thinking there, it means that RK is unlikely to buy him as a direct replacement and put him straight into the first team, though a squad/U23s player.

...I think you can read too much into comments. If he does keep hold of the football it indicates he has confidence and ability. Perhaps he's trying to make things happen and he's a pace ahead of his team mates. Regardless, he's a young man holding down a regular spot in open age football which suggests he's physically and mentally capable. Most of the players we put out on loan struggle to hold down a place.