Everton Youth Teams Thread

theres always good players available from 'smaller' clubs but we have zero interest unless its a goalie or 6.
our recruitment to the youth set up has been utterly abysmal under kopite kev
I agree but unfortunately we don't have a budget for first team players let alone academy recruit's.dan purdy is apparently a very well respected head of recruitment so would love to know where it is falling down

I agree but unfortunately we don't have a budget for first team players let alone academy recruit's.dan purdy is apparently a very well respected head of recruitment so would love to know where it is falling down
I'd love to know who he is highly thought of from though. He's only ever worked for us after doing work experience elsewhere. Seems like that's more pat yourselves on the back stuff from Everton like how we had the best CEO in the world Denise.

That’s the crux of it ,the depth of our current 16-20 year olds collectively is the worst I can remember, there are some individuals who are better of course, but few of them . Posters with a close attachment/knowledge of our Academy have been warning of this long before Thelwell.
Was it last year that both the u14 and u15 won the premier league cup over the same weekend?

There must be some promising players in those groups.

Was it last year that both the u14 and u15 won the premier league cup over the same weekend?

There must be some promising players in those groups.
I’m thinking it was two seasons ago as our u16 keeper Doug Lukjanciks played in both those those finals so he was u14 at the time, so end of 21/22 season I’d guess. On that basis the then u15s are our new first year Scholars playing at u18 and the u14s are now Schoolboy u16s.

It’s always difficult to tell who is promising as we see so little at these ages so you make judgement calls . This can be based things like are they playing in their International age Group ? Lukjanciks was with England u17 recently , a first year attacker George Morgan was with Wales, there may be others I’ve missed , but nobody is standing out . Another useful judgement is are they playing up for Everton u18s when they were Schoolboys. Last season there were surprisingly few and again nobody stands out . This season, the then u14s should be making a mark at u18s as Schoolboys if they are showing promise, so I guess “ watch this space”.

Last edited: