Everton Youth Teams Thread

Was going to write something similar but shrugged shoulders and moved on . Eggs mate you are getting a bit obsessed with Thelwell ……there I’ve said it 🙂

…ha, ha, I was just reminded his early words about how he was building from the bottom up, appointing new staff to the Academy and posters being impressed with the words.

I was told he’s actually a bit of a soft touch for the Academy lads.

…ha, ha, I was just reminded his early words about how he was building from the bottom up, appointing new staff to the Academy and posters being impressed with the words.

I was told he’s actually a bit of a soft touch for the Academy lads.

He might have done all that. The U21’s didn’t see any transfers in so why would they suddenly just get good? We all knew this was a poor crop.

He might have done all that. The U21’s didn’t see any transfers in so why would they suddenly just get good? We all knew this was a poor crop.
That’s the crux of it ,the depth of our current 16-20 year olds collectively is the worst I can remember, there are some individuals who are better of course, but few of them . Posters with a close attachment/knowledge of our Academy have been warning of this long before Thelwell.

That’s the crux of it ,the depth of our current 16-20 year olds collectively is the worst I can remember, there are some individuals who are better of course, but few of them . Posters with a close attachment/knowledge of our Academy have been warning of this long before Thelwell.
I think the ban we had and also so much harder to attract young players ,what can we actually offer to young players they are blinded by city and Chelsea .
Our best prospect ishe samuels smith sold to pay for our mismanagement to keep the wolves from the door

I think the ban we had and also so much harder to attract young players ,what can we actually offer to young players they are blinded by city and Chelsea .
Our best prospect ishe samuels smith sold to pay for our mismanagement to keep the wolves from the door

theres always good players available from 'smaller' clubs but we have zero interest unless its a goalie or 6.
our recruitment to the youth set up has been utterly abysmal under kopite kev